Cal Thomas has it right

Jim jim at LADMO.AZANORAK.COM
Thu Aug 17 23:53:36 MDT 2006

The only downside that I can think of when it comes to using hydrogen to
power cars is the fact that hydrogen has to be cooled down to -423F.
Fuel tanks for liquid hydrogen would essentially be big thermos bottles.
  Left alone long enough, the liquid would vaporize and be vented to the
air.  Hydrogen gas could be used, but that would require one of those
heavy steel cylinders such as welders use for oxygen and acetylene.
Also being a gaseous state the hydrogen "gas" tank wouldn't give you the
range a tank of gasoline would.

Perhaps the solution would be to put both a liquid hydrogen tank and one
for compressed hydrogen gas in a  vehicle.  For short trips such as
going to work or grocery shopping at Wal-Mart, use the gas tank.  For a
road trip fill the liquid tank.

I know it sounds like a cumbersome solution, but give people time,
freedom and an economic incentive and someone will come up with something.

they're crap at any other job."
- Roger Twiggy Day

- Sean Hannity