You won't see this on the evening news

Jim jim at LADMO.AZANORAK.COM
Sat Aug 19 01:28:30 MDT 2006

It's a short article, so I included it.

From
http://www.examiner.com/a-228800~Would_Be_Robber_With_Screwdriver_Foiled.html

Would-Be Robber With Screwdriver Foiled

INDIANAPOLIS - A customer carrying a gun foiled a man who attempted to
rob a fast-food restaurant with a screwdriver in his pocket, police said.

William McMiller Jr., 40, was being held at the Marion County jail
Friday on an $80,000 bond for an initial charge of robbery.

He demanded money and threatened to shoot a cashier at the Kentucky
Fried Chicken on the city's west side Thursday afternoon, according to
Indianapolis police.

McMiller ordered a bucket of chicken then told the cashier, "Give me the
money before I shoot you," police said.

He held his hand in his back pocket as if reaching for a gun, police
said, then began to climb over the counter.

Paul Sherlock, a customer sitting in the dining room, approached and
pulled out his 9 mm handgun.

He held McMiller at gunpoint until police arrived. Officers found a long
screwdriver, but no gun, in McMiller's pocket.

Sherlock had a valid gun permit, police said.

they're crap at any other job."
- Roger Twiggy Day

- Sean Hannity