Karma Sutra Worm

Carl Spitzer cwsiv_2nd at HOTPOP.COM
Mon Feb 6 22:05:35 MST 2006

On Mon, 2006-02-06 at 04:06 -0600, Richard A Whitenight wrote:
> I couldn't figure out why my machine had jumped from about 7 GB to 10 a
> couple of days ago.  I now know why.  On or about 02/03/06, I had more
> than 900 documents accessed and/or modified in "My Documents" folder and
> other  folders.  PDF, DOC, Excel Spreadsheet files, and many of my ZIP
> files are now either empty or corrupted so they can not be read by their
> respective software.  Something tells me that they are gone for good, and
> not retrievable.  I now wish I had backed up my files prior to the target
> date for the Karma Sutra Worm's activation date.  Did anyone else end up
> with this problem?

Interesting name for a worm you're royally fscked.
No problems in the local linux group.

I suggest downloading Hiren's boot cd and repartitioning the HD to have
a small 4GB C: and make a dd of that on DVD after your clean install.
Start with AVG from grissoft.com then zone alarm and buy a copy of
system mechanic and Norton System Works 2006.

Then install all your middle ware.
--