'Chocolate City' Sprinkled With Nuts

Rob Loach rob at IVMAN.COM
Thu Jan 19 05:48:59 MST 2006

Ann Coulter hits it out of the park again this week! Enjoy!

Rob
http://ivman.com

***
http://www.townhall.com/opinion/columns/anncoulter/2006/01/18/182946.html

'Chocolate City' Sprinkled With Nuts
Jan 18, 2006
by Ann Coulter

So Hillary Clinton thinks the House of Representatives is being "run
like a plantation." And, she added, "you know what I'm talking about."

First of all: Think about what a weird coincidence it is that Hillary
would have made these remarks in a black church in Harlem on Martin
Luther King Day. What are the odds? Did she even know it was a holiday?
Bravely spoken, Senator. I haven't been this surprised since finding out
Hollywood likes a movie about gay cowboys.

As Hillary explained, the House "has been run in a way so that nobody
with a contrary view has had a chance to present legislation, to make an
argument, to be heard."

Yes, that's what was really missing on plantations during the slavery
era: the opportunity to present a contrary view. Gosh, if only the
slaves had been allowed to call for cloture votes. What a difference
that would have made!

Madam Hillary also said the Bush administration "will go down in history
as one of the worst that has ever governed our country." While Hillary
is certainly qualified to comment on what the all-time worst
presidential administrations were, having had firsthand experience in
one of them, I think she might want to avoid the phrase "go down in
history."

All I can say is: It's a good thing we had a stealth candidate like
Harriet Miers to tiptoe past these powerful, scary Democrats! Sorry if
that sounds churlish, but after Judge Samuel Alito's magnificent
performance last week, I think Republicans can stop being afraid of
their shadows when it comes to our judicial nominees.

Ever since Bork, Republicans have been terrified of nominating
candidates with something in their background that might possibly
suggest the nominee did not get down on his knees (another phrase
Hillary should avoid) and thank God for Roe v. Wade every night. That's
how we ended up with mediocrities like David Hackett Souter and Anthony
"Third Choice" Kennedy on the Supreme Court.

Besides being stunningly qualified, the characteristics of the current
stellar Supreme Court nominee include these:

His mother immediately told the press, "Of course he's against abortion."

He had expressed support for the Reagan administration's positions on
abortion in a 1985 memo.

He refused to accede to the Democrats' endless browbeating and tell them
that Roe was "settled law."

And the Democrats couldn't lay a finger on him. Sam Alito marks the
final purging of the Bork experience.

All the Democrats could do was scream about his inactive membership --
back in the '70s -- in CAP, Concerned Alumni of Princeton, which had a
magazine called Prospect, which once ran an article, apparently
satirical, complaining about Princeton admitting co-eds. In my mind, the
only potentially disqualifying aspect of Alito's record was that he
wasn't a more active member of CAP, a group opposed to quotas,
set-asides and the lowering of academic standards at Princeton.

Then this week, we found out Sen. Teddy Kennedy still belongs to an
organization that doesn't admit women. Oh -- also, he killed a girl.

I'm fairly certain I've mentioned that before -- I don't recall, Mr.
Chairman -- but I don't understand why everyone doesn't mention it every
time Senator Drunkennedy has the audacity to talk about how "troubled"
and "concerned" he is about this or that nominee. I bet Mary Jo was
"troubled" and "concerned" about the senator leaving her in trapped in a
car under water while he went back to the hotel to create an alibi.

It's not as if Democrats can say: OK, OK! The man paid a price! Let it
go! He didn't pay a price. The Kopechne family paid a price. Kennedy
weaved away scot-free.

But the Democrats are "troubled" about Sam Alito's membership in
Concerned Alumni of Princeton 30 years ago. If they're "concerned" about
lifetime appointments for people with memberships in "troubling"
organizations, wait until they hear about Bob Byrd! (Former Kleagle, Ku
Klux Klan.)

They're a rotten bunch, these Democrats, and I'm happy to see an end to
their reign of terror.

Now that Zell Miller is out of office, the only office-holding Democrat
I like anymore is Ray Nagin, mayor of New Orleans. I had never heard of
him until Hurricane Katrina, but after his "gaffe" this week, he's my
favorite Democrat. I like a politician who casually spouts off insanely
politically incorrect remarks in front of large audiences and TV cameras.

Nagin cheerfully told a crowd gathered for a Martin Luther King Day
celebration that New Orleans would soon be "Chocolate City" again. I
don't know who's supposed to be offended by that. I'm not. Perhaps all
the white mayors who know they couldn't have said it. True, life's
unfair. Oh well.

When it comes to choice-of-word crimes, I'd prefer detente to mutually
assured destruction. Lead us off the chocolate plantation, Mayor Nagin!