Bernie Goldberg Slams Ann Coulter

William White wbbanjo at YAHOO.COM
Wed Jul 19 12:49:40 MDT 2006

I am glad Goldberg woke up from his media bias slumber and has provided good examples of people who are screwing up America.  He needs to wake up some more.  His taking Ann Coulter to task for her trenchant satire and raw truth is out of line.   Ann's arrows are almost all bullseyes when she takes aim at the absurd and nefarious left.   Goldberg needs to wake up to the next level of ah ha, but then how much is he willing to risk to do so?   Clearly he still want to coddle in hopes of a cuddle.  Ann is a front line warrior for conservative truth, a warrior with incredible moxie and inner strength.  I admire her not just because she has courage and wit, but because she is so accurate.

  Bill

Richard A Whitenight <rum.runner at JUNO.COM> wrote:
        Reprinted from NewsMax.com
Monday, July 17, 2006 3:54 p.m. EDT   Bernie Goldberg Slams Ann Coulter     Longtime CBS News reporter Bernard Goldberg had a lot to say about Ann Coulter – some of it negative – during a radio interview promoting his book.     Goldberg’s "100 People Who Are Screwing Up America (and Al Franken is #37)” was published last year, and an updated version – upping the list to "110 People” – recently came out in paperback. The book takes to task Michael Moore, Ted Kennedy, David Duke, Michael Jackson, Jimmy Carter and an array of others on the American scene.     Goldberg now says he made a "mistake” in not including Coulter as one of the people "screwing up America.”       In a radio interview with David Goodman on 88.9 WERS-FM in Boston, Goldberg – now a correspondent with HBO’s "Real Sports with Bryant Gumbel” – accused the conservative pundit of "crossing the line” by calling the so-called Jersey widows, who lost their husbands on 9/11, "the happiest widows in the world, or
 words to that effect.”       Goldberg, whose 2001 best seller "Bias” exposed liberal bias in the media, said such punditry by Coulter gives liberals a "big, fat stick to use over the heads of conservatives.”     But Goldberg admits he has no problem with Coulter’s basic point. He told Goodman that the Jersey widows "became total political creatures and cut campaign commercials for John Kerry.”     Goldberg says his liberal friends continually ask him why he he did not include Ann Coulter, author of the best-selling book "Godless, The Church of Liberalism," in his list of 100.     His response: "I would say, because she makes me laugh.     "And frankly, I agree with a lot of what she says, not the way she says it, but what she says.”     "Then [my] book comes out, and I spend a year with the hardcover, and now with you with the soft cover being asked the question you just asked. ‘Why isn’t she on the list?’     After laughing off such complaints, Goldberg says he now
 believes Ann should be on the list.