Another screwball judge encroaches on personal freedom

Thomas Matiska tom.matiska at ATT.NET
Sat Jul 22 19:43:29 MDT 2006

Let's start with the fact his parents named him "Starchild".   Now they to treat his cancer with  a sugar free organic herbal diet sold only in Mexico?   Approved treatments have side effects and don't always work, but the cure rate for that diet is??????   I hope it isn't too late for the courts to save him.

 Tom

----------- Original message from William White <wbbanjo at YAHOO.COM>: --------------

Drudge linked to this report:
A judge in Virginia ordered that "a 16-year-old boy fighting to use alternative treatment for his cancer must report to a hospital by Tuesday and accept treatment that doctors deem necessary . . . ."
'The judge also found Starchild Abraham Cherrix's parents were neglectful for allowing him to pursue alternative treatment of a sugar-free, organic diet and herbal supplements supervised by a clinic in Mexico. . . ."

I saw the lad and his parent interviewed on Hanity and Combs.  He was quite articulate had come to his decision about the course of treatment he wanted after a good bit of study on his cancer.   Forcing the lad to take a treatment that has already proven unsuccessful and made him quite weak is a woeful misuse of judicial power.  And to use State power to undermine parental authority in the matter of health is to me a gross violation of parental rights.  I look forward to a time when parents reassert their perrogatives and reclaim their authority from the State. Am I dreaming?

Bill