We Want Better Missles

Carl Spitzer cwsiv_2nd at HOTPOP.COM
Fri Jul 28 12:58:41 MDT 2006

The 1982 Israeli invasion of Lebanon resulted in many dogfights
between Syrian and Israeli jet fighters.

In the end, the Syrians lost over 80 planes and had a number of SAM
batteries knocked out, while the Israelis lost no planes.

Sometime later, the Syrian Defense Minister was shopping for weapons
in Moscow.

His host, the Soviet Defense Minister, was embarrassed about the
scorecard from Lebanon.

He told his Syrian guest, "Take anything you want - our best tanks,
rifles, or surface-to-air missiles."

"No, no - you don't understand!" the Syrian replied. "Last time you
gave us surface-to-air missiles. This time we need surface-to-*jet*
missiles!"

- Send this article to a friend:
  http://www.arcamax.com/cgi-bin/news/tafform/1009/83925/265647