I have to get out of this sick town - don't let your kids read this

Jim jnantz2 at 216-19-216-108.GETNET.NET
Sun Mar 26 13:15:07 MST 2006

Stephen A. Frye wrote:

> We're dependent on oil because no president has the fortitude to stand
> up to the oil giants and actually develop alternatives.

It's not the government's job to develop energy sources.  It is the
government's job to not weigh down the private sector with oppressive
taxes and regulation which will allow the private sector to develop
alternatives to oil that are affordable.  After all do you really want
an alternative to oil that is so expensive you can't afford to drive
your car?

There was a time when researchers working with the government came up
with an alternative to oil.  However this was not the main objective of
the Manhattan project.  The main objective was national defense which is
the government's job.  For over 50 years nuclear power has been
available.  The more nuclear power plants are put into service, less
coal, oil and natural gas needs to be burned at power plants.

The Palo Verde nuclear plant was the one of the last nuclear plants to
be put into service and that was over 20 years ago.  For decades now,
enviroweenies have tied up other nuclear projects in the courts.

So thank Greenpeace and their ilk for ensuring that lots of oil from
Arab nations has to be burned in our power plants resulting in lots of
pollution and billions going into the coffers of nations that give aid
and comfort to terrorists.

--

Sgt Schultz "You're a better cook than my wife."
Louis LeBeau "Merci"