I have to get out of this sick town - don't let your kids read this

Stephen A. Frye s.frye at VERIZON.NET
Sun Mar 26 13:54:27 MST 2006

Agree - mostly.  However, it is the fault of our elected government for
listening to lobbyists - including the way overboard environmentalists -
that passes regulations so ridiculous that only oil survives.  And I do
believe that the oil companies play a huge role in that lobbying
effort.  There is a lot of money in oil, and methinks that huge sums of
money do indeed help - and keep - our elected boobs.

At 12:15 PM 3/26/2006, you wrote:
>Stephen A. Frye wrote:
>
>>We're dependent on oil because no president has the fortitude to stand up
>>to the oil giants and actually develop alternatives.
>
>It's not the government's job to develop energy sources.  It is the
>government's job to not weigh down the private sector with oppressive
>taxes and regulation which will allow the private sector to develop
>alternatives to oil that are affordable.  After all do you really want an
>alternative to oil that is so expensive you can't afford to drive your car?
>
>There was a time when researchers working with the government came up with
>an alternative to oil.  However this was not the main objective of the
>Manhattan project.  The main objective was national defense which is the
>government's job.  For over 50 years nuclear power has been
>available.  The more nuclear power plants are put into service, less coal,
>oil and natural gas needs to be burned at power plants.
>
>The Palo Verde nuclear plant was the one of the last nuclear plants to be
>put into service and that was over 20 years ago.  For decades now,
>enviroweenies have tied up other nuclear projects in the courts.
>
>So thank Greenpeace and their ilk for ensuring that lots of oil from Arab
>nations has to be burned in our power plants resulting in lots of
>pollution and billions going into the coffers of nations that give aid and
>comfort to terrorists.
>
>--
>
>Sgt Schultz "You're a better cook than my wife."
>Louis LeBeau "Merci"
>Sgt Scultz "You're also better looking."

Stephen A. Frye
s.frye at verizon.net
steve at fryefamily.net