I have to get out of this sick town - don't let your kids read this

Stephen A. Frye s.frye at VERIZON.NET
Fri Mar 31 15:55:20 MST 2006

>        Finally, it's about finality, really. The church is supposed to be
> guiding you and your eternal soul to Heaven. If you trust them with your
> soul, why would you NOT trust them to tell you how an issue should be viewed?

Because the Church is people.  People make errors.  I prefer to think for
myself.

Beyond that, I believe it must be clearly delineated: when the preacher
speaks, is he/she teaching the official position of the church, or is
he/she advancing his/her own position/philosophy?.  Could be very different.

Stephen A. Frye
s.frye at verizon.net
steve at fryefamily.net