Gun used to subdue knife weilding suspect

William White wbbanjo at YAHOO.COM
Fri May 4 18:53:12 MDT 2007

That is the way I remember it, too.  How far we have wandered.

  Bill

Jim <jim at LADMO.AZANORAK.COM> wrote:
  William White wrote:
> These days, school buses have become real danger zones for kids. It has
> not alway been this way. Long ago and far away in Virginia, during my
> seventh and eighth grades, I was a safety patrol. At school and on the
> bus we patrols kept order and put the quietus on almost all bullying,
> but then we were not confronting the widespread and intense levels of
> bad behavior that is so prevalent today. Some of our best bus drivers
> were juniors and seniors from the high school. The school
> administrators selected the patrols well, trained us, and backed us with
> immediate action not hesitating to use judicious corporal
> punishment (paddles and switches), suspension, and expulsion. From the
> second grade onward, almost all of the male students carried jacknives,
> but a stabber would have been an anomaly, almost unthinkable really.
> We do live in perilous times.
>
> Bill
>
> */Jim /* wrote:
>
> http://www.postchronicle.com/news/original/article_21278668.shtml
>
> A 14 year old boy was stabbed 20 times just after he got on the school
> bus by another 14 year old. The bus driver pulled over at a gas station
> to get help. The station owner used his gun to convince the punk with
> the knife to surrender.
>
> Gotta ban those guns right?
> --
>

> "That income tax you know it's nothing more than legal robbery"
> Sidney "Pa" Larkin
>
> The magic HD-DVD number is:
> 09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0

> The fish are biting.
> Get more visitors
>
> on your site using Yahoo! Search Marketing. <
> http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=49679/*http://searchmarketing.yahoo.com/arp/sponsoredsearch_v2.php?o=US2140&cmp=Yahoo&ctv=Q107Tagline&s=Y&s2=EM&b=50>

When I was in high school (class of 85) it wasn't uncommon to see guns
in the gun racks of vehicles in the student parking lot. Everybody knew
why. The boys were going hunting after school and brought their guns to
save a trip home to get them. The whole time I was in school the only
weapons anyone used in a fight were their fists.