Cuckoo Kucinich, Moonbat Prince...........

John A. Quayle blueoval57 at VERIZON.NET
Fri May 11 23:24:29 MDT 2007

Dennis Kucinich's Skeleton Closet

<http://www.realchange.org/kucinich.htm#newage>http://www.realchange.org/kucinich.htm#newage

Dennis Kucinich's Scandals

<http://www.realchange.org/kucinich.htm#newage>New Age Mystic
<http://www.realchange.org/kucinich.htm#love>Looking For Love
<http://www.realchange.org/kucinich.htm#mayor>Led Cleveland Into Bankruptcy
<http://www.realchange.org/kucinich.htm#quotes>Quotes
<http://www.realchange.org/kucinich.htm#sources>Sources

         Dennis Kucinich is a very scrappy little (5'7") guy with a
tough background. As a kid, his parents moved constantly, cramming 7
kids into 2 bedroom apartments or even, at times, a car parked
outside the steel mill where his dad worked. He was elected as the
nation's youngest mayor (of Cleveland) in 1977, and was known mostly
for scrapping with established politicians, banks and just about
everybody else. After he fired his police chief -- live, on the 6
O'Clock news -- he was so unpopular that he wore a bulletproof vest
when he threw out the first pitch at an Indian's baseball game, and
had police sharpshooters lined up all along the roof of the building.

         After he was unceremoniously booted from office in his 1979
reelection fight, though, he drifted toward California and New
Mexico, living for a while in his "dear friend" Shirley MacLaine's
house, and began what he calls ""a journey into the poetry of my own
life." Now, he has made quite a journey from scrappy poor kid to
quixotic New Age lefty presidential candidate.

----------

Quotes

         "Dennis Kucinich has spent his life fighting for the little
guy -- and that little guy is Dennis." -- David Martin, the Cleveland Scene

         "The energy of the stars becomes us. We become the energy of
the stars. Stardust and spirit unite and we begin: one with the
universe, whole and holy. From one source, endless creative energy,
bursting forth, kinetic, elemental; we, the earth, air, water and
fire-source of nearly fifteen billion years of cosmic spiraling." --
Kucinich, in
<http://www.newconnexion.net/article/09-02/kucinich.html>the "Journal
of Concious Evolution"

         "As a bachelor, I get a chance to fantasize about my first
lady. And you know maybe Fox will want to sponsor it as a national
contest or something. But in any event I would want definitely want
someone who would not just be there by my side, but be a working
partner because I think we're in a day in age when partnerships are
imperative to making anything happening in the world. And I certainly
want a dynamic, out-spoken woman who was fearless in her desire for
peace in the world and for universal single-payer health care and a
full employment economy. If you are out there call me." -- Kucinich,
Nov. 5, 2003

         "After I lost the [mayoral] election in Cleveland in 1979, I
moved to California for a while. I actually remember walking in the
area around L.A. known as MacArthur Park, and I was thinking of that
song and thinking of the lyrics where they talk about 'Someone left
the cake out in the rain. It took so long to make it.' And it goes
on, raising the question of whether I'll ever have that recipe
again." -- Kucinich

         "There's no one in America who believes in Dennis Kucinich
more than Dennis Kucinich. We used to say back here in Ohio, you've
got to drive a stake through the guy's heart to get him out of it."
-- Tim Hagan, former Cuyahoga County Democratic President

         "My journey has spanned political, social, economic and even
spiritual gulfs. And because of that journey, I really have a sense
of the potential for oneness which exists in this nation and in the
world community. I see how it all fits together . . ." -- Kucinich,
in Beverly Hills

----------

New Age Mystic

         Kucinich likes to portray himself as a progressive, but for
him that takes a turn not seen in mainstream politics since Jerry
"Moonbeam" Brown ran for president. While his website tries to paint
him as a down to earth midwesterner with a page titled "Polka,
Bowling and Kielbasa", Kucinich is certainly the only admitted Vegan
in the race (that is, a vegetarian who won't consume any animal
products at all, including milk and honey.) The only kielbasa he'll
be eating is made of tofurkey.

         The blue collar kid from Cleveland now supports creating a
Department of Peace. "I have a holistic view of the world," he
explains. "I see the world as interconnected and interdependent and
that leaves no room for war." He is also friends with Shirley
MacLaine, who is the godmother of his daughter.

         Other policy positions of his get a bit "out there" as well.
In 2001, he introduced a bill to ban space-based and other exotic
weapons, including "radiation, electromagnetic, psychotronic, sonic,
laser, or other energies . . . for the purpose of information war,
mood management, or mind control of such populations."

         Included in the ban were "chemtrails," supposed airplane
emissions that change the weather or cause rashes in schoolkids, if
you listen to the Art Bell radio show anyway. Chemtrails were removed
in a revised draft of the bill. "I'm not into that," Kucinich told
The Cleveland Plain Dealer. Really? But Kucinich was the
legislation's sole author.

         As snide as I'd like to be, I can't improve on Kucinich's
own mysticism, so here's some more from the article in
<http://www.newconnexion.net/article/09-02/kucinich.html>New
Connexion magazine: "In our soul's Magnificent, we become conscious
of the cosmos within us. We hear the music of peace, we hear the
music of cooperation, we hear music of love. In our soul's
forgetting, we become unconscious of our cosmic birthright, blighted
with disharmony, disunity, torn asunder from the stars in a disaster ..."

Led Cleveland Into Bankruptcy

         Critics are quick to charge that Kucinich "led Cleveland
into bankruptcy" as a young (31) mayor, called "Dennis the Menace" by
the press, and his administration was certainly messy. One book
recently named him as the 7th worst mayor of American history, not
for any reasons of corruption or scandal, but due to his "abrasive,
intemperate, and chaotic administration." He survived a recall vote
after only ten months in office by 231 votes (out of 120,000) and was
voted out after one term by Republican George Voinovich, even through
Democrats outnumbered Republicans 8 to 1. When he threw out the first
pitch at a Cleveland Indians game, he wore a bullet-proof vest and
had sharpshooters positioned on the stadium roof.

         In many ways though history has vindicated Kucinich, at
least on the bankruptcy. The city was already headed toward
bankruptcy when Kucinich took office, and financial advisers were
telling him to sell the city-owned electric company to stave it off.
He refused this power play and the banks called in the city's loans,
triggering bankruptcy. But the utility remains public, and, according
to a study by Cleveland magazine, the utility's low rates saved
customers about $195 million over the past 10 years. In fact, he got
back into Congress in 2002 campaigning on the success of his effort
to keep that utility.

Looking For Love

         Like so many New Age devotees desperately searching for
universal love, Kucinich lacks a steady love partner. The
twice-divorced dad, however, not only admits it but went public with
his search for a love connection during a debate in Manchester, New
Hampshire, announcing his criteria for a first lady: "a dynamic,
out-spoken woman who was fearless in her desire for peace in the
world and for universal single-payer health care."

         To help out, the PoliticsNH website has started
<http://www.politicsnh.com/mrskucinich.html>a personals area for
Kucinich women wannabees. Already there is one from Gina Marie (33)
from New Jersey, who notes that "Madonna and Jennifer Lopez are
probably two of the most recognizable, powerful women in our country
yet they are not helping all Americans gain access to affordable
healthcare." It's hard to argue with that logic.

Flip Flop

         While most politicians change their positions from time to
time -- in fact, all good ones do, because they are learning and open
to change -- Kucinich has made a dizzying switch on abortion with no
apparent principle to back it up (other than, "I want to win some
Democratic primaries.")

         As a Congressman, he amassed one of the most anti-abortion
voting records in Congress, one especially unusual for a Democrat.
Fair enough, Kucinich was raised Catholic. He voted to criminalize
partial birth abortions, to deny American servicewoman the right even
to pay for their own abortions overseas, to prevent Washington, D.C.
from funding abortions for poor women with nonfederal dollars,
against research on RU-486, even against health coverage of basic
contraception for federal employees. In 1996 he told Planned
Parenthood that he did not support the substance of Roe v. Wade. He
received a a 95 percent position rating from the National Right to
Life Committee, versus 10 percent from Planned Parenthood and 0
percent from NARAL.

         Now that he wants to run as a progressive Democrat though,
he is waffling all over that stance. He told The Nation magazine that
"I believe life begins at conception and that it doesn't end at
birth." (Huh?) He said he was not in favor of either a Human Life
Amendment that would constitutionally protect "life" from the moment
of conception, nor the overturning of Roe v. Wade, and presented his
votes as votes not against abortion per se but against federal
funding of the procedure. That's not consistent with his votes on the
servicewomen and Washington DC issues mentioned above, however. And
while told The Nation he was not in favor of "criminalizing"
abortion, he voted for a partial-birth-abortion ban that included
fines and up to two years in jail for doctors who performed them,
except to save the woman's life.

         When pressed, Kucinich said "I haven't been a leader on
this. These are issues I would not have chosen to bring up." Well, he
has been at least a devoted follower of the anti-abortion position,
until it became politically inconvenient. And if he's not a leader,
why should anyone elect him as president?

Sources

"Ohio's comeback kid", by Sandy Nelson, Campaigns & Election,; Sep97,
Vol. 18 Issue 8, p51

"Regressive Progressive?", Katha Politt, the Nation, 5/27/2002, Vol.
274 Issue 20, p10

<http://www.newconnexion.net/article/09-02/kucinich.html>"Spirit and
Stardust", by U.S. Rep. Dennis Kucinich, New Connexion Magazine,
September 2002

<http://clevescene.com/issues/2003-03-19/feature.html/1/index.html>Hollow
Man, BY DAVID W. MARTIN The Cleveland Scene (newspaper), March 19, 2003

<http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/news/archive/2003/05/30/national1420EDT0590.DTL>"Democratic
candidate draws support from peace activists, New Age gurus", by
MALIA RULON, (Associated Press), San Francisco Chronicle, Friday, May 30, 2003

"The American Mayor," by Melvin Holli

<http://abcnews.go.com/sections/politics/DailyNews/fieldkucinich_feature.html>"Field
Notes: Dennis Kucinich", ABC-News Online, Nov. 6, 2003

<http://www.politicsnh.com/mrskucinich.html>"Who Wants To Be a First
Lady?", PoliticsNH.Com, November 5, 2003

<http://www.chicagotribune.com/features/lifestyle/chi-0311070227nov07,1,4712848.story>"Dennis
Kucinich: The combative mystic". by Mark Caro, Chicago Tribune,
November 7, 2003