Question

Jim jim at LADMO.AZANORAK.COM
Thu May 24 00:00:32 MDT 2007

John A. Quayle wrote:
> At 04:58 PM 5/22/2007, Jim wrote:
>
>> Does anyone know if any moslems went to the Dayton Hamfest?
>
>          */No, they heard Jim Quinn was going to be there! BTW, as Jim
> said on the radio, "it ain't a barbecue.....it's all ham-radio stuff."
> Jim Quinn is a huge ham radio buff.
>

> John Q./*
I heard Quinn say he went there.  I did read something a few years ago
that made me laugh.  Some guy went to that year's Dayton Hamfest and
came home with a new antenna.  He had his brother come over and help him
put it up.  The brother was on the roof raising the pipe the antenna was
attached to by pulling a rope tied to it.  The guy who bought it was on
the ground.  For whatever reason, the guy on the ground was barefoot.

As they were raising the pipe, the guy on the roof lost control.  The
antenna and pipe went the wrong way.  The guy on the ground tried to
save his antenna from falling to the ground.  He didn't have to worry.
It didn't fall.  The power line caught it.  Needless to say the guy
never got to use the antenna, the radio he would have connected it to or
any of his other radio gear.  He didn't even have to worry about calling
the power company to come over and remove the antenna.  He didn't have
to explain to his wife what happened.  He didn't have to worry about the
phone  bill, the hospital bill, the credit card bills.  In fact he never
had to worry about anything ever again.

--

"That income tax you know it's nothing more than legal robbery"
Sidney "Pa" Larkin

The magic HD-DVD number is:
09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0