How do YOU feel about the return of partial-birth abortion?

John A. Quayle blueoval57 at VERIZON.NET
Thu Nov 1 15:38:03 MDT 2007

[]

[]

[]
  THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 01, 2007
Dear Conservative Friends,

It would be understandable if you felt cheated, frustrated, or even angry.

After all our efforts to see the horror of partial-birth abortion
officially banned in this country ...

After Congress voted to ban it, the President signed the bill into
law, the Supreme Court of the United States upheld that law ...

Even after all this, within minutes of that Court ruling,
pro-abortion members of Congress introduced a bill which would
totally thwart the will of the people - reversing the decision of
Congress and the President and undoing the ruling of the Supreme Court.

<http://tracking.aclj.org/cgi-bin/track.cgi?11-11247-2353420-48317-https://www.aclj.org/donate/Default.aspx?AC=DNE0711002&SC=3297&email=blueoval57@verizon.net&guid=E7304C94-6D12-4354-8B80-531A52905E31>Give
your immediate online gift of support and stand with the ACLJ right
now to turn back this challenge to the federal ban on partial-birth abortion!

These members of Congress have put some ''spin'' on their bill:  they
call it the ''Freedom of Choice'' Act - but it's not really about
freedom of choice.

It's actually a slap in the face to the American people ... it's a
tip of the hat to the abortion doctors and their lobbyists ... and
it's a very real threat against the lives of unborn babies.

Support for this bill flooded in from the entire abortion lobby --
the ACLU, Planned Parenthood, N.O.W., NARAL:  Pro-Choice America, and
others.  Which means millions of dollars will almost certainly flow
into the campaign for this legislation.

<http://tracking.aclj.org/cgi-bin/track.cgi?11-11247-2353420-48317-https://www.aclj.org/donate/Default.aspx?AC=DNE0711002&SC=3297&email=blueoval57@verizon.net&guid=E7304C94-6D12-4354-8B80-531A52905E31>The
ACLJ truly needs the generous support of members like you today to
mount an aggressive counter-offense, or all our vital efforts in
support of the unborn will have been in vain.

Senators Hillary Clinton, Charles Schumer, Barbara Boxer, and others
have introduced this bill (H.R. 1964 and S. 1173) in one of the most
brazen political moves we've seen in years - but it is also extremely
dangerous, because if passed, it would enshrine abortion into law.

In order to stop this tidal wave, we absolutely must take VERY
aggressive action through our Washington, D.C., office.

I have set in motion several lawyers and a senior research team.  We
are dealing with members of both the House and the Senate.  We can't
simply work to prevent passage; we must also prepare to litigate in
case the bill does become law.

I assure you, we will fight every step of the way.  But we need your help.

Right now, the ACLJ is carrying an enormous workload on top of this
issue, and as a result,
<http://tracking.aclj.org/cgi-bin/track.cgi?11-11247-2353420-48317-https://www.aclj.org/donate/Default.aspx?AC=DNE0711002&SC=3297&email=blueoval57@verizon.net&guid=E7304C94-6D12-4354-8B80-531A52905E31>we
urgently need a generous online tax-deductible contribution from you today.

We are returning to the Supreme Court of the United States with not
one but two simultaneous cases in which public displays of the Ten
Commandments are under fire.  The work required for these twin cases
is of MONUMENTAL proportion.

It's a massive number of work-hours - and you can see why we really
need your support now in this current fight for life.

Here's the bottom line:  your personal part in this effort is vitally
important.  Please let us hear from you right away.

Thank you.

[]

To ensure that you continue to receive e-mails from the ACLJ,
please add jsekulow at aclj.org to your address book.

American Center for Law and Justice
P.O. Box 90555, Washington, D.C. 20090-0555
Phone: (800) 296-4529