Is U.S. of America Worth It Any More?

John A. Quayle blueoval57 at VERIZON.NET
Sun Nov 4 23:01:59 MST 2007

[]

Is U.S. of America
Worth It Any More?
.
By Neal Ross

         I am nearly a half century old now. While I am not as old as
some, I am older than others. Right in the middle so to speak. I
truly love this country, or at least I used to. I love the land, the
open prairies, the mountains and rivers, the lakes, the shorelines,
and even the deserts. America is a beautiful land, full of God-given
riches that enabled us to rise to become one of the greatest nations
in the world. However, along the rise to greatness we lost something,
and that something is what makes me wonder, is America capable, or
worthy of being saved.

         America was, and always has been a land of beginnings and
hope for so many. People came here to start anew, seek riches and
opportunity. However, they came here to become Americans as well.
They joined into the experiment that peoples from all over the world
could come together and work to build something better than the sum
of the individual parts. For awhile that experiment succeeded.

         As a child grows it learns, and we as a nation learned as
well. We made some mistakes along the way to the greatness that we
achieved, but we learned from them and it made us better. Then
something went wrong and we strayed off the course that led us to
greatness, far off course if you ask me.

         All the people that came to this country new that for them
to succeed they would have to rely upon their skills and abilities to
make a future for themselves. We were a self reliant people, who were
willing to go our and work to earn a living for our families.

         We became the envy of the world with our educational system.
Our children grew up to become great inventors and innovators, which
led to the growth of our manufacturing and scientific industries.

         We were, for the most part, a God fearing people. We knew
our neighbors, we treated people with respect and dignity. We could
take walks through our neighborhoods at night without fear.

         We also trusted our government, although they were already
beginning to lay the foundations of our demise.

         Things were basically good, and Americans were happy, they
were employed, and they lived relatively comfortable lives.

         In my short time on this planet I have seen those days
vanish, to be left to the history books. The good old days are gone,
and most likely they are gone forever. Our rise to prominence was
short and sweet.

         Our country is on life support and people don't realize it
as they are numbed and pacified by lies fed to them by the news media
and an endless stream of garbage, disguised as entertainment, for a
brain dead society. Just like the Romans were pacified by the games
held in the Coliseum, we are pacified by American Idol and
professional sporting events. The whole time our country is slipping
away from us, inch by inch.

         There are those who are trying to warn the people concerning
the truth. We are labeled as extremists, nuts, conspiracy theorists,
and we are ignored or laughed at. There is a sense among some that
something is wrong. The sudden support for Ron Paul's campaign for
president is evidence enough of that.

         However I fear that too many expect Ron Paul to work
miracles while they continue to stay home and watch television.
Folks, that just won't work. If America, and this is a huge IF, we
are to return to greatness, we are going to have to do it ourselves.
Pull ourselves up by the bootstraps so to speak.

         We are going to have to find ourselves again. We are going
to have to do some serious soul searching and think about what made
this country great, and then return to those principles.

         First and foremost we are going to have to give up political
correctness. If we see evil or something that is wrong, we cannot be
afraid to speak out and condemn it. The majority of television shows
we watch are trash. The music our kids listen to is trash. Even our
news is trash, witness the infatuation with the lives of our celebrities.

         We have become a nation in which everything is acceptable,
from six year olds using profanity, to abortion, homosexuality, to
the right of millions illegal aliens to come to our country and
demand privileges they are not entitled to.

         Our children are taught that the government will take care
of them, and that they do not have to 'work' for a living. I
experience that all the time where I work. I see so many 18-20 yr old
kids come in and quit after a day or two because the job requires
physical work. This sense of entitlement is not something that
America is likely to get over without some serious withdrawal symptoms.

         This is due in part to the parents, but much of it can be
blamed upon the massive propaganda machine that is our media and our
school system. If our educational system were working properly our
children would be aware of the Constitution and the powers it grants
our government. They would realize that our government has gone crazy
and is spending money it is not authorized to spend upon programs it
is not authorized to implement.

         If our children were educated they would realize that our
economy is based upon a lie, upon money that has no value whatsoever
and that this economy is about to collapse.

         Our jobs our being shipped overseas to plants in China,
Mexico, Taiwan and India, while thousands of cheap labor is flooding
into our country taking the jobs that are left. The American
manufacturing base, which was the driving force behind our rise to
greatness is nearly gone. If you don't believe me, just go to any
store and read the label and find our where it was made. We complain
about not being able to find a good job but just go to any Wal Mart
on payday and watch millions of people support these companies who
have sold the American workers down the drain for profit.

         Our children are the future of this country, if it has a
future at all. Yet our children are growing up playing video games,
watching Bart Simpson, listening to rap music, or death metal bands,
which border on satanic worship.

         God has left our vocabulary, yet we are not ashamed to post
signs and bumper stickers saying, 'God Bless America'. Why should He,
we sure don't respect Him or live by the words He has given us to live by.

         America is in serious condition and if something isn't done,
and done quickly it will all be over for us. I hear talk of
revolution and political reform all the time, and I shrug it off. If
we were to have a revolution I fear that we would not only be
fighting against a tyrannical government, but also anarchist who
would get into the fray solely for the excitement and chance to
simply raise hell.

         Talk of political reform is even more idiotic. Every two
years we have the opportunity at true political reform when we have
an election. Yet the same scum who allowed our country to deteriorate
are re-elected. Some political reform!

         No people, I honestly feel that this country has seen it's
better days. It will take a miracle for enough of us to wake up to
stop our demise. Yet when I see someone who will fight you over an
insult to their favorite football team, but not fight to stop the
tide of illegal aliens into our country, I don't hold out too much hope.

         It doesn't sadden me for myself. I have seen enough of life
and have done enough things to be content. I am concerned for the
future for my son and that is the only thing that keeps me plugging
away. Otherwise I would say screw it, America just doesn't deserve to
be saved any more. Since I do care, and there is still a glimmer of
respect left for what our country once stood for, I will continue to
fight for it, until either God or the government takes my last breath from me.

Neal Ross

Comments on my writing?

Contact me at: <mailto:bonsai at syix.com>bonsai at syix.com

My other articles may be found at: