Downfall of America - Part Seventeen (Best Viewed Maximized - Sound ON)

MCSpearing yuramac at YAHOO.COM
Thu Nov 15 10:06:35 MST 2007

This is a sobering piece, but John, what the hell is that last paragraph all about?

  MCS

John <blueoval57 at VERIZON.NET> wrote:
    Downfall of America

  By Don Stott

  Part Seventeen

Dick Lamm, a former governor of Colorado, whom I have met a couple of times, is an extremely smart fellow!  At a speech earlier this year, he said the following, and the audience was so stunned, that when he finished, they sat in silence.  The truth hurts so much when it is placed in front of you, that the reactions are not predictable.  Here are Lamm's words:

"If you believe that America is too smug, too self-satisfied, too rich, then let's destroy America.  It is not that hard to do.  No nation in history has survived the ravages of time.  Arnold Toynbee observed that all great civilizations rise and fall and that "An autopsy of history would show that all great civilizations commit suicide."

"Here's how they do it.  First, to destroy America, turn America into a bilingual or multicultural and bicultural country.  History shows that no nation can survive the tension, conflict, and antagonism of two or more competing languages and cultures.  It is a blessing for an individual to be bilingual; however it is a curse for a society to be bilingual.  The historical scholar, Seymour Lipset, put it this way:  "The histories of bilingual and bicultural societies that do not assimilate, are histories of turmoil, tension, and tragedy."  Canada, Belgium, Malaysia, and Lebanon all face crises of national existence in which minorities press for autonomy, if not independence.  Pakistan and Cyprus have divided.  Nigeria suppressed an ethnic rebellion.  France faces difficulties with Basques, Bretons, and Corsicans."

"Second, to destroy America, invent 'multiculturalism' and encourage immigrants to maintain their culture.  Make it an article of belief that all cultures are equal.  That there are no cultural differences.  Make it an article of faith that the black and Hispanic dropout rates are due solely to prejudice and discrimination by the majority.  Every other explanation is out of bounds.

"Third. We could make the United States an 'Hispanic Quebec' without much effort.  The key is to celebrate diversity rather than unity.  As Benjamin Schwarz said in the Atlantic Monthly recently; "The apparent success of our own multiethnic and multicultural experiment might have been achieved not by tolerance but by hegemony.  Without the dominance that once dictated ethnocentricity and what it meant to be an American, we are left with only tolerance and pluralism to hold us together."  I would encourage all immigrants to keep their own language and culture.  I would replace the melting pot metaphor with the salad bowl metaphor.  It is important to ensure that we have various cultural subgroups living in America enforcing their differences rather than as Americans, emphasizing their similarities.

"Fourth, I would make our fastest growing demographic group the least educated.  I would add a second underclass, unassimilated, undereducated, and antagonistic to our population.  I would have this second underclass have a 50% dropout rate from high school.

"Fifth, I would get big foundations and businesses to give these efforts lots of money.  I would invest in ethnic identity, and I would establish the cult of 'Victimology.'  I would get all minorities to think that their lack of success was the fault of the majority.  I would start a grievance industry, blaming a  minority failure on the majority population.

"My sixth plan for America's downfall would include a dual citizenship, and promote divided loyalties.  I would celebrate diversity over unity.  I would stress differences rather than similarities.  Diverse people worldwide are mostly engaged in hating each other - that is, when they are not killing each other.  A diverse, peaceful, or stable society is against most historical precedent.  People undervalue the unity it takes to keep a nation together.  Look at the ancient Greeks.  The Greeks believed that they belonged to the same race; they possessed a common language and literature; and they worshipped the same gods. All of Greece took part in the Olympic Games.  A common enemy, Persia, threatened their liberty.  Yet all these bonds were not strong enough to overcome two factors:  Local patriotism and geographical conditions that nurtured political divisions.  Greece fell.  "E. Pluribus Unum,"-- From Many, One.  In that historic reality, if we put the emphasis on the
 'pluribus' instead of the 'unum,' we will balkanize America as surely as Kosovo.

Next to last, I would place all subjects off limits; make it taboo to talk about anything against the cult of 'diversity.'  I would find a word similar to 'heretic' in the 16th century - that stopped discussion and paralyzed thinking.  Words like 'racist' or 'xenophobe' halt discussion and debate.  Having made America a bilingual/bicultural country, having established multi-culturalism, having the large foundations fund the doctrine of 'victimology,' I would next make it impossible to enforce our immigration laws.  I would develop a mantra:  That because immigration has been good for America, it must always be a good.  I would make every individual immigrant symmetric and ignore the cumulative impact of millions of them.

Dick Lamm, summarized it extremely well, as far as the illegals are concerned, but failed to realize that failing dollars are the major part of our failure. A client of mine in Texas (Don't mess with Texas), tried to get $15,000 in cash out of his Chase Bank last week, and he had to do it in two days,  $8,000 first day, and $7,000 second.  I have heard that banks never have any cash.  Maybe it's true?

Any one want to buy a '73 450 SL Mercedes? New tires and new radio.  Nothing wrong with it that I can see.  Been driven probably 1,000 miles in the last three years. 88,000 miles on it. $10,000. Or my '85 300 turbo diesel Mercedes.  Perfect upholstery, perfect body, and perfect mechanically. Cruises at 85 all day long and gets 26 MPG doing it. Never any body work, rust, or wrecks.  All original paint.  Uses no oil.  Brand new tires.  $7500. I bought another old Mercedes, and four is enough. I'll send a photo if you ask. Only will sell one. Whichever sells first, the other is off the market.  Need to keep four Mercedes, but five is too many! On Friday, I will tell you exactly how much illegals are costing.
BEGIN:VCARD
VERSION:2.1
N:;dRAt;;Editor of dRAt Enterprises, Ltd.
FN:dRAt
ORG:dRAt Enterprises, Ltd.;eProd
TITLE:editor
REV:20071115T000602Z
END:VCARD

Liberals ... Losing Another War for America.