Never Fear.......The End Is Near..........

John A. Quayle blueoval57 at VERIZON.NET
Tue Nov 27 13:51:30 MST 2007

Pat Buchanan
NOVEMBER 26, 2007

GLENN BECK PROGRAM
BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

GLENN: All right. Let's go to Pat Buchanan. Pat, welcome to the
program. I have to tell you, you have been called everything from
political genius to a hate mongering racist but more and more it
seems like more and more people will start calling you absolutely
right because what you have been talking about for years and years is
now showing up in everyday living rooms and people are saying, wait a
minute, this is bad news. Now you've come out with some new
information. You say America might be over.

BUCHANAN: Glenn, what I'm saying is congratulations on your book.

GLENN: Thank you, sir.

BUCHANAN: What I'm saying is I see a nation which used to be one
nation and one people even though we were segregated in the 1950s and
working to end that, I see America decomposing and deconstructing,
deconstructing, breaking down along the lines of race and ethnicity
and class and different moralities and I think America's becoming
what Theodore Roosevelt warned us against, which is the squabble of
tangling nationalities.

GLENN: Yeah.

<http://www.amazon.com/gp/search?ie=UTF8&keywords=0312376960&tag=glennbeckcom-20&index=blended&linkCode=ur2&camp=1789&creative=9325>
[]

<http://www.amazon.com/gp/search?ie=UTF8&keywords=0312376960&tag=glennbeckcom-20&index=blended&linkCode=ur2&camp=1789&creative=9325>Day
of Reckoning
by Patrick J. Buchanan

BUCHANAN: And I think that's happening for a variety of reasons. One
is the culture of war we are in which has divided us so terribly.
Another is the mass immigration from peoples, from countries and
continents who have never before been assimilated. The third is the
complete collapse of the melting pot that brought our grandparents
and great-grandparents and sort of forced us all together to become
something new called Americans. I see all these things happening and
I think all of us see them out there. And what I'm pointing out in
the book "Day of Reckoning" is we've got a perfect storm of crises
ahead and that is one of the biggest.

GLENN: I have to tell you, Pat, I said this 18 months ago. I posted
on my website and said it on TV and I've got to tell you, I got
hammered for saying that there is a perfect storm coming. And
everybody always pulls it apart and says, oh, we're mark, we'll
survive. And I said, we've never faced this many huge problems. Any
of these by themselves we could deal with, but they are all coming
together at the same time, and most Americans do not see this storm
that is coming, and it is truly frightening if you care about our country.

BUCHANAN: We could just list a few of them. The dollar is heading in
the direction of the Mexican Peso. We see it every day. You've got
the United States involved in two wars and the chairman of the Army
chief of staff says our Army is breaking. We're committed to defend
50 or 60 countries around the world and we're adding to it when our
Army is half the size of what we had in the peace time years of
Ronald Reagan. We see Social Security and Medicare, they are headed
right down the road toward us.

GLENN: Let me ask you a couple, let me ask you a couple of pointed
questions, Pat. First of all, I look at Social Security and Medicare
and I've seen the table of pain that Secretary Snow put out and was
the reason why he was kind of brushed to the side of what it is going
to take to be able to survive this economic crush that is coming our
way. When you look at that and you know the realities, how is it
these politicians can add prescription drugs and then on top of it be
talking about healthcare? With the dollar going down, it is almost
like it's being orchestrated.

BUCHANAN: Well, you know, you sound like me, Glenn.

GLENN: I know, and that scares the bat crap out of me.

BUCHANAN: 10 shows this morning I've been saying exactly that. Look,
we've got Medicare, Social Security going to eat up the entire
budget. And we add prescription drugs and now we're going to add
national health insurance. Look, all this is going to eat up the
entire budget of the United States, you'll have to double taxation.
We don't have the money anymore.

GLENN: It's not only that we don't have the money. If you take, if
you went house to house in America and say, America, I'm going to
convince you, give me all of your stuff, if Americans gave all of
their stuff to the government, we still would not be able to cover
what we're already on the line for.

BUCHANAN: You know, I think I saw it, David Walker, he is head of the
accounting office of the comptroller general.

GLENN: It's amazing, isn't it?

BUCHANAN: You are talking about $57 trillion in unfunded mandates
that you are going to have to pay. Where are they going to get the
money for this? You can't tax everything.

GLENN: You know, Pat, I tell you we tried to get this guy on for a
while and the policy has always been, GAO doesn't talk about things,
but this will show you how freaked the people who are not connected
to the politics of this thing really are. Here's the guy who does the
numbers crunching and he's now starting to say, to hell with it; I've
got to tell people about this.

BUCHANAN: Exactly. He is walking around. He is like a Cassandra
walking around warning us. But I'll tell you, Peterson did a book a
number of years ago right down this line on Social Security. There
are others that have done it. There are others, even journalists who
are saying, what are you going to do about this. And obviously, look,
the politicians, they don't want to say, well, you know, we may have
to raise the age of retirement, we may have to cap benefits, we may
have to do this or that. And that's just Social Security. And as I
list in my book, Medicare makes Social Security look like a little
bookkeeping error.

GLENN: Oh, yeah, absolutely. Let me real quick, because I'm running
out of time and I know we have a half hour with you on television
tonight. Do you believe, do you believe in the conspiracy theory that
we have forces in our government, we have forces in global
corporations and we have forces outside our country that are trying
to take our sovereignty and push us all together in one European
Union style government?

BUCHANAN: Sure. I think it's wide open, I think it's right out in the
open. I think the corporations all consider themselves global. They
don't like the idea of borders, they don't like the idea of different
laws. They want the United States, Mexico and Canada united the way
European Union is so they got one big economic market. All is
economics. You've got Mexican president Vicente Fox who is out of
office now is open about the fact that he wants a basic merger of the
United States and Mexico much like the European countries have been
merged together. I think this is on the table. I think it is ongoing.
That is the greatest single threat to American sovereignty. And
Glenn, while the tremendous battle has been fought by the American
people to defeat this amnesty bill and to demand action on the
border, that great coalition sort of dissolves, they go back home and
these guys are working night and day on K Street and other places to
move us in that direction. Half of the largest economic entities on
Earth today are not governments. They're corporations.

GLENN: Yeah.

BUCHANAN: Global corporations.

GLENN: The "Day of Reckoning" and it is here, my friend. And Pat,
you'll join me for a half hour of television tonight and we'll get
into this and so much more. I wish you the best and thank you for
having the courage to stay the course and speak your mind and speak
out for as long as you have. I think Americans are starting to see
more and more how right you have been. Pat Buchanan, thank you, we'll
see you tonight.

END TRANSCRIPT