What Don't You Understand?!?

John A. Quayle blueoval57 at VERIZON.NET
Sat Oct 6 20:55:57 MDT 2007

Their religion, DOESN'T like you!

[]

Aerial of Tehran, Iran

SOBERING WORDS!
.
By Newt Gingrich

We'd better start talking about the shape of
the table now because this country doesn't
have the stomach..., to face what's coming!

Gingrich Speech - in New Hampshire.
Apparently this is causing a firestorm.

NEWT GINGRICH : The third thing I want to talk about very briefly is
the genuine danger of terrorism, in particular terrorists using
weapons of mass destruction and weapons of mass murder, nuclear and
biological weapons. And I want to suggest to you that right now we
should be impaneling people to look seriously at a level of
supervision that we would never dream of if it weren't for the scale
of threat.

Let me give you two examples. When the British this summer arrested
people who were planning to blow up ten airliners in one day, they
arrested a couple who were going to use their six month old baby in
order to hide the bomb as baby milk.

Now, if I come to you tonight and say that there are people on the
planet who hate you, and they are 15-25 year old males who are
willing to die as long as they get to kill you, I've simply described
the warrior culture which has been true historically for 6 or 7
thousand years.

But, if I come to you and say that there is a couple that hates you
so much that they will kill their six month old baby in order to kill
you, I am describing a level of ferocity, and a level of savagery
beyond anything we have tried to deal with.

And, what is truly frightening about the British experience is they
are arresting British citizens, born in Britain, speaking English,
who went to British schools, live in British housing, and have good jobs.

This is a serious long term war, and it will inevitably lead us to
want to know what is said in every suspect place in the country, that
will lead us to learn how to close down every website that is
dangerous, and it will lead us to a very severe approach to people
who advocate the killing of Americans and advocate the use of nuclear
or biological weapons.

And, my prediction to you is that either before we lose a city, or if
we are truly stupid, after we lose a city, we will adopt rules of
engagement that us e every technology we can find to break up their
capacity to use the Internet, to break up their capacity to use free
speech, and to go after people who want to kill us to stop them from
recruiting people before they get to reach out and convince young
people to destroy their lives while destroying us.

This is a serious problem that will lead to a serious debate about
the first amendment, but I think that the national security threat of
losing an American city to a nuclear weapon, or losing several
million Americans to a biological attack is so real that we need to
proactively, now, develop the appropriate rules of engagement.

And, I further think that we should propose a Geneva Convention for
fighting terrorism which makes very clear that those who would fight
outside the rules of law, those who would use weapons of mass
destruction, and those who would target civilians are in fact subject
to a totally different set of rules that allow us to protect
civilization by defeating barbarism before it gains so much strength
that it is truly horrendous.

This is a sober topic, but I think it is a topic we need a national
dialogue about, and we need to get ahead of the curve rather than
wait until actually we lose a city which could literally happen
within the next decade if we are unfortunate.

This is a very sober description of the Islamic terrorist threat we
are faced with.  We are NOW at war with a culture that wants, not to
take over our land, but to KILL us.

[]

  If this has meaning to you, please
pass it on..., at least to those who