Weird, wild, and wacky.............

John A. Quayle blueoval57 at VERIZON.NET
Sun Oct 7 00:13:54 MDT 2007

Dearly undeparted

A Mexico City woman is facing charges for keeping
the body of her dead husband in her home for over
a year. After neighbors reported a foul smell
coming from the house, police broke into the home
and found the decomposing body of Edmundo Velarde.

According to the news report, Mercedes Velarde
kept the decaying body of her husband on the
floor by her bed, and her son regularly helped
her remove worms that were feasting on the
rotting flesh. No word yet on the cause of death,
though the man is said to have had mental
problems. Apparently, it runs in the family

Super-Daad

A United Arab Emirates man is marrying and
divorcing his way into the Guiness Book of World
Records. No, he's not seeing how many wives he
can acquire ­ but how many children he can
sire
er, I mean father. Sixty-year-old Daad
Mohammed Murad Abdul Rahman has already had 15
brides ­ and 78 children. But he'll need to marry
three more women in order to reach his goal: 100 children by 2015.

Although most Muslims take only one wife, Islam
technically allows a man to have four at a time ­
something this one-legged man has taken full
advantage of. So what's happened to all the
divorced mothers of his brood? They're each
raising their own children in their own houses,
supported by Daad's military pension ­ and a
little extra help from the government of Ajman.

Hmm. A government-funded baby-making factory?
Something tells me there's more to this story

Whether Daad is procreating for his own
satisfaction or the government's is still to be
determined. But there's a family on this side of
the world that's following a higher power's
command to "be fruitful and multiply"

And baby makes

Proud parents Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar
couldn't be happier to welcome their baby girl
Jennifer into the family. Her siblings are elated
as well ­ all 16 of them. That's right, Jennifer
joins John David, Janna, Jill, Jessa, Jinger,
Joseph, Josiah, Joy-Anna, Jedidiah, Jeremiah,
Jason, James, Justin, Jackson, and Johannah. All
17 children share the same mom and dad ­ and
there are only two sets of twins in the bunch.

Some fun facts about the Duggars: The family has
reportedly gone through 90,000 diapers, does 200
loads of laundry a month, and spends $2,000 a
month on food. Mom Michelle has been pregnant for
almost 11 years of her life and is the only one
whose name doesn't start with J, all of the
children play a musical instrument, and all are
home schooled. And the craziest part of all? The
Duggars are already planning another.

Obviously the pill isn't for everyone ­ and the
Duggars are just one family that has opted to let
nature take its course. But I can't help but
wonder how they would feel about using a
contraceptive to control a different kind of population

PETA puts pigeons on the pill

I know most animal rights activists are a
bit
over the top. But this latest story takes the
cake. Hollywood residents have hit on what they
believe to be the most humane way to deal with
the burgeoning population of pigeons ­ and the
subsequent piles of heaven-sent poo that
naturally follow: Put the birds on the pill.

Community leaders plan to mix a birth control
product called OvoControl P into rooftop feeders.
The mixture contains a substance that's supposed
to interfere with an egg's ability to develop or hatch.

I have a better idea: Get kids off their
video-game playing behinds, put a sling shot in
their hands, and send them outside to play. I'm
sure they'll figure out the rest. Of course, if
such activity isn't outlawed already, I'm sure it
won't be long in coming, especially in light of
this next piece of news I came across

Hands off!

In an age when an increasing number of schools
are setting up metal detectors and stationing
armed guards, schools in Colorado are cracking
down on a their own troublemakers ­ kids who
chase other kids. That's right. An elementary
school in Colorado just banned one of the oldest
games known to man ­ and one of my favorite
pastimes. I'm talking about the good 'ol game of tag.

If you're wondering what's so wrong with TAG,
then we're in the same boat. I guess school
officials got tired of dealing with harassment
complaints being raised by children who were
chased against their will. What's next?

Tagging the absurd,

William Campbell Douglass II, M.D.
<realhealth at healthiernews.com>