Universal Health Care (from a Canadian's perspective)

John A. Quayle blueoval57 at VERIZON.NET
Sat Oct 13 21:36:37 MDT 2007

I haven't -- and probably cannot -- verify this message, but it is
consistent with what I've heard from numerous sources for years about
so called 'free' Universal Health Care'. Herein are some of oft
unmentioned details.

Call it what you will -- Single payer health care or universal health
care  or Canadian style health care -- someone else will pay for your
health care costs. It all sounds good, doesn't it? Well, whose health
care are you paying for? What's going to happen to tax rates?

The thing to remember is that Universal health (also better known as
Socialized Medicine in a more enlightened age) care isn't about
compassion for anyone -- even the uninsured. It is about control of
1/7th of the American economy and control of every aspect of your
life. What you can and cannot eat and what activities are, and are
not, permitted. And, which ones are mandatory if you want treated
when you are sick. Your doctor will not be making the decisions about
your treatment, some accountant or petty bureaucrat will.

As a wiser man than I once said, "If you think that health care is
expensive now, just wait until it's free."