Are You *ANGRY*, Yet?!?

Stephen A. Frye s.frye at VERIZON.NET
Mon Oct 22 18:48:51 MDT 2007

Of course we pay for it.  So explain all of this to the builders,
tradesmen, excavators, etc who hire these people.  They couldn't give
crap one less.  They care about one thing - the almighty dollar, and
their own bottom line.  They're trying to save money and accumulate
wealth.  That's the goal, right?

OK- threaten them with jail for hiring illegals.  Well, tell me,
how's that working now?  And they weigh the risk:  will I get caught,
or can I pad my pocket?  Which one do you think wins?  The buck.  What else?

It all boils down to the short-termed dollar.  All the way from the
car wash on the corner to Wall Street.  Nothing else matters.

Until this thinking changes, all talk like what is written in this
quoted post is wasted breath (and pen).  Folks simply don't see it
when it is removed to the government level.  What people see is their
own pocket, and their own bank account.  As long as those are going
up, nothing else matters.

That's what this country is all about.  Make money.  As much as
possible.  Today.

No, I am not writing that such is wrong.  Not at all.  But it's why
illegals get away with what they do.  They allow us to appear to save
money and line our own pockets.  That is how they are milking the
system.  They are capitalizing on our own greed.  Make a buck; turn a
blind eye.  And competition mandates we provide more for less
money.  Illegals often provide the means to achieve that.  Sure it's
shortsighted.  But it's how we operate.  We care about today.

And I don't believe the herein described atrocities and wastes are
unique to aliens - legal or illegal.  Rather I think they are
indigenous to all low socio-economic environments in this
country.  Poverty fosters anger, resentments, crime and rebellion-
across the board.  It knows no boundaries of color, race,
nationality, citizenship.  Poverty usually expresses itself through
desperation.  This article clearly demonstrates existing correlation,
but not causation as it tries to imply.

Until we are sincerely more interested in the long-termed future of
our country rather than our own immediate greed, all the fences in
the world aren't going to accomplish squatolla.  As long as we
express a need, there will be a supply.