Help For The MARINES...

John A. Quayle blueoval57 at VERIZON.NET
Thu Oct 25 23:22:08 MDT 2007

Please take a bit of your time and send a message of support to these
Men and Women who are risking everything for this country.

US Marine Colonel Simcock, the commander of USMC
Regimental  Combat Team (RCT) 6 in Iraq, is asking
for 6,000 positive emails to his Marines.  That's
one email for each Marine in his RCT command. COL
Simcock is concerned  about the effect of the
negative barrage that those Marines are getting
through  the electronic media.

The email address is:
<mailto:RCT-6lettersfromh at gcemnf-wiraq.usmc.mil>RCT-6lettersfromh at gcemnf-wiraq.usmc.mil

So far, they've only mustered 2,000 emails. That's a crying shame
compared to the amount of crap I get
daily in email. This is a legitimate request.  It's not one of the
"little Johnny wants to break the world's record in Christmas cards"
situations.  It
takes only 30 seconds of your time

If  you're reading this email, then you can probably
click on the address, type a  few words, and then
hit "send" to be all done. It doesn't have to be the
Gettysburg Address. Something as simple as "Hello,
Marine We thank you for what you're doing. You are
in a noble task. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Best wishes &
get home soon" is more than
sufficient.

An excerpt from an interview with the Colonel:

GRIM: Is there anything that you and your Marines
need that we could send you?
COL. SIMCOCK: (Chuckles.) I'll tell you what, the
one thing that all Marines want to know about -- and
that includes me and everyone within Regimental
Combat Team 6 -- we want to know that the American
public are behind us. We believe that  the actions
that we're taking over here are very, very important to America.
We're fighting a group of
people that, if  they could, would take away the
freedoms that America enjoys.  If anyone -- you
know, just sit down, jot us  -- throw us an e- mail,
write us a letter, let us know that the American
public are behind us. Because we watch the news just
like everyone else. It's broadcast over here in our chow halls and
the weight rooms, and we watch that
stuff, and we're a little bit concerned sometimes
that America really doesn't know what's going on
over here, and we get sometimes concerns that the
American public isn't behind us and doesn't see the importance of
what's going on. So
that's something I think that all Marines, soldiers
and sailors would like to hear from back home, that
in fact, yes, they think what we're doing over here
is important and they are in fact behind us.

DO IT NOW!!!  IT JUST TAKES A MINUTE OF YOUR TIME ..
THAT'S NOT MUCH TO ASK FOR WHAT THEY'RE DOING FOR US!

.... AND, PLEASE PASS THIS EMAIL ALONG TO YOUR
FRIENDS! ... SHOW OUR MARINES WE CARE