Are You *ANGRY*, Yet?!?

John A. Quayle blueoval57 at VERIZON.NET
Sat Oct 27 23:11:06 MDT 2007

At 06:05 PM 10/26/2007, Stephen A. Frye wrote:

>>         I defer to your expertise/longevity....................
>

>Please. Anything but my longevity. I am still coming to terms with that.

         Me, too. I just turned 50 in August and it seems like my
life has gone by in a flash..................

>Though I have to admit, I don't object as much as I thought I would,
>but I am also reacting quite differently from what I thought I would.
>
>>>Could be. I can't debate that. But I do believe that history will
>>>reveal even more boobiness about "W".
>>
>>         We are so gun-shy (as a society) about discussing
>> conspiracies. However, I'm convinced that anyone occupying the WH
>> anymore is aggressively dictated to by "outside interests" - if
>> you wish to avoid any conspiracy talk (not you in particular,
>> Stephen). Think about this. Nobody in Washington, DC ever climbs
>> into a position of prominence these days without being a member of
>> the Council on Foreign Relations and/or the Trilateral Commission.
>> Anomalies have been Reagan and "W". But, our current President's
>> father has been heavily involved as a member of BOTH groups over
>> the years, as has Dick Cheney. Make of that whatever you will. I
>> digress.........................but, my point is that we don't
>> know how much of Bush's decisions have been "flavored" by these
>> outside interests. I'm convinced that the open borders issue is
>> definitely one and amnesty is another.
>
>Couldn't agree more.

         Well, I believe it's high, bloody time that we (as a nation)
demand transparency, don't you? I'm not buying the borscht about
secrecy being required for alleged "think tanks" like the Council on
Foreign Relations, the Bilderbergs, or the Trilateral Commission. I
want to know what percentage of Senate and House members are
involved, what their roles are, and what's currently on the table at
these meetings.

>>         Well, I don't think I'd have any credibility by commenting
>> on things I knew nothing about or experiences I'd never endured.
>> OTOH, doing so might qualify me to hold office in DC, though.
>
>I'd likely vote for you.

         Thanks, but outside of my family and members of this list, I
don't think I'd draw much interest, since strict constitutionists are
portrayed as "extremists" these days.

>>         I only need one, Stephen. How have we Americans
>> (Christians, especially) been deficient in Christ's commandment to
>> love one another?!?
>
>One. OK - you got it. Blatant racism and bigotry.

         Okay, fine. I'd highly recommend that you read Dr. Thomas
Sowell's outstanding book called, "Of Race & Culture". It proves that
racism and bigotry are not uniquely American problems, nor have they
been limited to the 20th and 21st centuries. But, book aside, it's
not a good thing, I'll certainly agree.

>>>I believe that with all of my heart. I don't know that I am ready
>>>to answer that. Frankly, I don't care one way or another abut
>>>anyone else answering that. It's not my place. I believe that in a
>>>nation so rich, it's wrong for people to be hungry.
>>
>>         I don't know that there are people in America who go to
>> bed hungry out of need. When you add up the public and private
>> dollars spent each year on poverty, you get a staggering figure.
>>
>>>I think it's wrong for people to die and suffer because they don't
>>>have enough money. NO NO NO NO NO NO.
>>
>>         Did Christ not say "the poor you will always have with
>> you"? Christ knew that poverty wouldn't ever be eradicated over
>> time and the reasons are many.
>
>Yes He did. Couldn't agree more. However, that statement is almost
>always quoted far outside of its context.
>
>As a humorous aside - recall - maybe ten years ago, there was a
>woman in this group who cited that same quote. To wit: "There is
>nothing we can do about poverty. Besides, I have it on good
>authority that the poor will always be here." She went on to
>challenge "and it you want to get into a war on words, fine. But
>when the smoke clears, I'll be the one left standing." I got such a
>kick out of that I doubt I will ever forget it.

         Hm-m-m-m, I've been a member since 1997 and I don't seem to
recall that exchange............oh, well....

>And as for the smoke clearing? Well, it's worse at my house now that
>the winds have died won than it was during the highest point in the
>fires. I would say visibility is less than a quarter mile. And when
>we leave the house (at 4:15 AM, we are greeted with that wonderful
>odorous mixture of cow poop and ash.

         Sounds like a marketable cologne scent for the REAL working
man!                ;-)

>>         What more would/could you have this nation do?
>
>I believe that first and foremost we must work harder at truly
>conquering racism.

         That's a two-way street and certainly not limited to white
people. The reverse issue is in denial by those who engage in it.
Therefore, it cannot be completely eradicated until EVERYONE comes to
grips with it and ceases the practice. At the same time, ALL groups
need to stop being so thin-skinned and ready to play the victim at
the drop of a hat. Anyone who's ever watched Carlos Mencia do stand
up comedy on TV knows that Carlos takes jabs everybody. He also is
fond of saying that we (the audience) cannot repeat his humor in
everyday life.

>At the same time, part of the existing problem is that any group
>will be treated differently as long as we continue to treat it
>differently. Thus Affirmative Action is self-defeating from the get-go.

         It's never been justifiable.

>But, as I mentioned in this group about 8 months ago, just as we
>were setting our home for sale, in a really nice community in
>self-proclaimed diverse Southern California, the neighborhood
>committee (made up of folks I thought I had known for fourteen
>years) came over to me and told me that on Maywood drive, we only
>sell to white people. When our home sold, several of the same
>committee approached to ask me who bought it, and I was totally
>shunned when I wouldn't tell them. Such ignorance is akin to
>poverty. We will never eradicate it completely, but we must try.

         Correct.............

John Q.