Little Brother Has The Right Idea...............

Steven Laib stevenlaib at SBCGLOBAL.NET
Tue Dec 2 17:40:34 MST 2008

I have to agree with Jeb Bush.  Stick with the fundamentals, or what
Laura Ingraham calls "first principles."  Then, using the shadow
government idea, make a significant effort to hold the new
administration's feet to the fire on every issue it can.  The fact the
McCain was a poor communicator on so many issues made him a poor
candidate from the word go.  We can't let that happen again.

Grass roots organizing is also a good thing, but it must also enable
people to get involved.  They must believe that they are playing a role
in the system, and that people are listening to their ideas.  That's one
way that Obama got the Acorn people behind him was to promise that they
would set the agenda for his administration.  A promise he has now
broken.  We must learn from this, that we must keep promises we make.

So much for my 2 cents.

Steve L.