Al Franken's Dirty Tricks.............

Ernie Lane ernielane at VERIZON.NET
Sat Dec 6 19:43:24 MST 2008

John A. Quayle wrote:
> At 07:59 PM 12/6/2008, Richard Whitenight wrote:
>> I swore I heard that Dingy Harry could overrule the voters and allow
>> Franken to take the seat?
>
> */         Filthy Harry may believe that he's omnipotent, but he cannot
> supercede the Constitution, plain and simple!

Art. I sec. 5:  "Each House shall be the judge of the Elections, Returns
and Qualifications of its own members..."

There was the exact same thing in 2006 in Florida in the Vern Buchanan -
Christine Jennings election.  It was _real_ close, albeit no apparent
fraud.

I don't know if that clause has been tested in Court, but I presume that
the Court would treat this as they do all such political issues -- not
get involved.  I think that Reid can, in fact, seat Franken if he wants.