Impulse decision ends a 14-year olds life

Jim kd7nnv at GMAIL.COM
Sat Dec 13 14:55:17 MST 2008

Thomas Matiska wrote:
> I'm an "ET" (electronic technician) for the good old USPS.   I repair
> and maintain a variety of machines.... letter sorters, flat
> sorters(magazines),   IJPs that spray bar codes and "Happy Holiday"
> cancellation on your postage(as opposed to the no longer correct "Merry
> Christmas" used years ago), etc......
>
> Good job, nice pay, but everything moves at night so kiss the sunshine
> goodbye.  Few of our folks have bailed out of their automation jobs to a
> walk a route just to get out of the vampire mode and have a normal life.
>
> Tom

I understand the  vampire mode.  I work security at a site in downtown
Phoenix near the ballpark.  It's a big rail yard where they take
vehicles off the train and store them until they're collected and taken
to the delers.

It's a good sized place.  See for yourself.  I put a zipped kmz file at
http://kd7nnv.net/work.zip
Open it in Google earth and look south of the tracks and east of 7th street.

I have noticed the economy going down the kahzi as there are a lot fewer
cars there now as opposed to when I started there or the photo at Google
Earth was taken.

--

"That income tax you know it's nothing more than legal robbery"
Sidney "Pa" Larkin

The magic HD-DVD number is:
09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0