A Little Gun History Lesson (UNCLASSIFIED)

John A. Quayle blueoval57 at VERIZON.NET
Sun Dec 14 00:17:03 MST 2008

        Subject: A Little Gun History Lesson

          'Never Underestimate the Power of Stupid People in Large Groups'

            A Little Gun History Lesson

             In 1929, the Soviet Union established gun control. From 1929
to 1953, about 20 million dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were
rounded up and exterminated.

             In 1911, Turkey established gun control.  From 1915 to 1917,
1.5 million Armenians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded
up and exterminated.

            Germany established gun control in 1938 and from 1939 to 1945,
a total of 13 million Jews and others who were unable to defend
themselves were rounded up and exterminated.

           China established gun control in 1935. From 1948 to 1952, 20
million political dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were
rounded up and exterminated.

             Guatemala established gun control in 1964. From 1964 to 1981,
100,000 Mayan Indians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and
exterminated.

             Uganda established gun control in 1970. From 1971 to 1979,
300,000 Christians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and
exterminated.

             Cambodia established gun control in 1956. From 1975 to 1977,
one million 'educated' people, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up
and exterminated.

          Defenseless people rounded up and exterminated in the 20th
Century because of gun control: 56 million.

           It has now been 12 months since gun owners in Australia were
forced by new law to surrender 640,381 personal firearms to be
destroyed by their own government, a program costing Australia taxpayers
more than $500 million dollars. The first year results are now in:

         Australia-wide, homicides are up 3.2 percent.
           Australia-wide, assaults are up 8.6 percent
           Australia-wide, armed robberies are up 44 percent (yes, 44 percent)!

            In the state of Victoria alone, homicides with firearms are now
up 300 percent.  Note that while the law-abiding citizens turned
them in, the criminals did not, and criminals still possess their guns!

             It will never happen here? I'll bet the Aussies said that too!

         While figures over the previous 25 years showed a steady decrease
in armed robbery with firearms, this has changed drastically
upward in the past 12 months, since criminals now are guaranteed that their
prey is unarmed.

           There has also been a dramatic increase in break-ins and
assaults of the ELDERLY. Australian politicians are at a loss to
explain how public safety has decreased, after such monumental effort and
expense was expended in successfully ridding Australian society of guns.
The Australian experience and the other historical facts above prove it.

           You won't see this data on the US evening news, or hear
politicians disseminating this information.

           Guns in the hands of honest citizens save lives and property
and, yes, gun-control laws adversely affect only the law-abiding citizens.

           Take note my fellow Americans, before it's too late!

           The next time someone talks in favor of gun control, please
remind him of this history lesson.

           With Guns....... .. ....We Are 'Citizens'.

           Without Them........  We Are 'Subjects'.

           During WWII the Japanese decided not to invade America because
they knew most Americans were ARMED!

           Note:  Admiral Yamamoto who crafted the attack on Pearl Harbor
had attended Harvard U 1919-1921 & was Naval Attaché to the U. S. 1925-28.
Most of our Navy was destroyed at Pearl Harbor & our Army had been deprived
of funding & was ill prepared to defend the country.

          It was reported that when asked why Japan did not follow up the
Pearl Harbor attack with an invasion of the U. S. Mainland, his reply was
that he had lived in the U. S. & knew that almost all households had guns.

          If you value your freedom, Please spread this anti-gun control
message to all your friends!

          AND NEVER, NEVER, NEVER SURRENDER YOUR GUNS!!!