Impulse decision ends a 14-year olds life

Jack Leon Tomsky jtomsky at IX.NETCOM.COM
Sun Dec 14 12:13:31 MST 2008

Twenty six years ago our son made a similar decision.  He left his car at my father's business the night before, as they had stayed up late talking, before deciding to ride home with my father.  The next morning he heard the subway coming to the suburban station across the street and ran across a wide busy boulevard against a red light, to catch the subway to his job in the city at a bank.  A gypsy cab going too fast - don't they all - couldn't stop in time and knocked him to the ground, into the path of a car going in the opposite direction.  That car ran over his head.  At the hospital he lived unconscious for 8 hours and then he died from brain hemorrhage due to severe brain fracture.

It doesn't just happen.   Growing up his father warned him so many times about rushing into the street against a traffic light.  He would just do it again.  So our beautiful and intelligent son is gone - all these years.  His two sisters were never like that.

Marilyn Tomsky