Impulse decision ends a 14-year olds life

Jack Leon Tomsky jtomsky at IX.NETCOM.COM
Sun Dec 14 12:58:37 MST 2008

Thank you Richard!

The difference is that there was a traffic light but too far down the street to walk there, cross the street and then walk all the way back to the station.  There was no other traffic light.  Generations of us had to get across that boulevard to the station.  It was hard for me.  So many children crossing going to junior high, then high school and then college downtown and in the distant city.

My husband and I went back for the last time, as we live on the West Coast and that was the East Coast.  There was a traffic light on each side of the very heavy traffic flowing boulevard now, in front of the station, where we stopped to quietly pray for our son.  The lights are person activated by push button as here.  The wait is not long.  It was heavy with kids of all ages going home after school.  Two police officers were patroling.  That is all the difference.  Too bad it took that long.

Marilyn Tomsky