Dumb as a box of rocks?

John A. Quayle blueoval57 at VERIZON.NET
Tue Dec 16 22:43:10 MST 2008

Subject:  Dumb as a box of rocks

This is an interesting dialog which displays the aptitude of our leaders
for the last two years, and now the next four years.

A VERY GOOD EXAMPLE OF THE KIND OF REPRESENTATION WE HAVE IN CONGRESS:

A noted psychiatrist was a guest speaker at an academic function where
Nancy Pelosi happened to appear. Ms Pelosi took the opportunity to schmooze
the good doctor a bit and asked him a question with which he was most at ease.

"Would you mind telling me, Doctor," she asked, "how you detect a mental
deficiency in somebody who appears completely normal?"

"Nothing is easier," he replied. "You ask a simple question which anyone
should answer with no trouble. If the person hesitates, that puts you on
the track."

'What sort of question?' asked Pelosi.

Well, you might ask, 'Captain Cook made three trips around the world and
died during one of them. Which one?''

Pelosi thought a moment, and then said with a nervous laugh, 'You wouldn't
happen to have another example would you?  I must confess I don't know much
about history.'
RSS Feed: <http://www.warpspeed.com/wordpress>