The Young Gun-slinger & Old Prospector:]

Carl Spitzer cwsiv_2nd at HOTPOP.COM
Sat Dec 27 21:52:52 MST 2008

-------- Forwarded Message --------
From: Bill Craik <wcraik@
                The Young Gun-slinger & Old Prospector:

An old prospector walked his tired old mule into a Texas town one day,
after being out in the wilderness six (6) months without a drop of
whiskey.

He walked up to the first saloon he saw and tied his old mule to the
hitch rail.  As he stood there brushing off dust from his face and
clothes, a surly young gun-slinger walked out of the saloon with a gun
in one hand, a bottle of whiskey in the other.

The young gun-slinger looked at the old man, laughed and said, "Hey old
man, you ever dance the two step?"
The old man said, "Nope, never did.  Just never wanted to."

By then, a crowd gathered and the young gun-slinger, obliged to show off
for the crowd said, "Well, you old fool, you're gonna be
two-steppin' now!"  Then he started shooting at the old man' s boots.
The old prospector hopped around, while and everyone clapped and
laughed.

When the young gun-slinger had fired his last bullet, he holstered his
pistol and walked back into the saloon.

The old man grabbed his shotgun from the scabbard on the mule and pulled
both hammers back.  The young gun-slinger heard the clicking sounds,
then everything got quiet!    The crowd watched as the young gun-slinger
slowly turned around and found himself staring down both barrels of the
12-gauge!

The old man asked, "Ever kiss a mule square on the ass, boy?"

The young gun-slinger swallowed hard and said, "No sir, but I always
wanted to!"

The lessons from this story?

1. Don't waste ammunition.
2. Don't underestimate old guys!
  Personal note:  Never under-estimate "old guys" who carry only one (1)
gun -  they probably only carry one (1) gun because they know how to use
it and will kill you where you stand before you can make a move!
FYI:  I went to eat at the "Golden Corral" restaurant last night, and
saw that they had a "Senior Special," so I asked about it to the
manager.     He said there was a "Senior Discount" for all those folks
60 or over.  I said, "Damn, I should come back next month after my
birthday."     He gave me the "discount" anyway!   I wasn't sure to be
happy that I got the discount, or sad that I actually looked that old!
-Bill C.