A (New) Piece Of My Mind From "My Space".....

Bernard Willis f16rsdad at JUNO.COM
Tue Dec 30 00:59:15 MST 2008

Great piece John.  Right on target.

Bernie

On Tue, 30 Dec 2008 02:08:50 -0500 "John A. Quayle"
<blueoval57 at VERIZON.NET> writes:
Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Dig Me, Baby! (Colin Powell's attitude)
Category: News and Politics

          Colin Powell is clearly impressed with his own importance. To
that end, he's not that much different than any other entrenched
bureaucrat in Washington, D.C. Bureaucracy is DC's "smokestack", of sorts
and the firmly entrenched interests react with anger when anyone come
along with a mind to pare back government's overstepping its bounds.
Powell, who calls himself a moderate, has attacked Sarah Palin and Rush
Limbaugh in recent weeks. Well, let me fill you in on a little secret.
There is no such thing as a moderate in DC. Powell's a dyed-in-the-wool
liberal and he proved it by jamming his thumb into the collective eye of
conservatives everywhere and voted for Barack Obama.

           Powell has harshly criticized conservatives whom he claims
have attempted to use "polarization for political gain." Sarah Palin,
says Powell, was guilty of this during the campaign when she repeatedly
talked of her "small town values." Of Limbaugh, the retired General
opined that Rush appeals "our lesser instincts rather than our better
instincts." Powell is pro-choice, Palin and Limbaugh are not. That sticks
in his craw, too. Powell believes in pandering to minorities with an
"outreach" that is based on expanding government entitlement programs and
massively increased social spending. In the minds of liberals, this is
the equivalent of job security. The more dependence on government largess
they can foster, then the more government will need to be guided by
"those who truly care."

          What utter balderdash! For more than fifty years, the liberal
establishment in DC has told the nation's down-trodden in so many words,
"you cannot make it on your own. You need us to micro-manage your lives."
This is precisely why we have a permanent underclass in this country
today and also why America is dead-broke! The idiots in DC are no longer
merely satisfied with throwing money at the poor in exchange for votes.
Now, they feel they must rob the rest of us to bail out private
enterprise. We're the bigger fools for putting up with it!

         Powell's worst affliction, like his liberal brethren, is obvious
- his head is irretrievably wedged into his rectal orifice. Rush Limbaugh
and Sarah Palin are the least of his real worries. He needs to sit down
with members of the growing black conservative community and let them get
him mind right. He clearly pays no heed to the likes of Drs. Walter
Williams and Thomas Sowell, Reverends Jesse Lee Peterson, J.C. Watts and
Wayne Perryman, Ward Connerly, Ken Blackwell, and oh-so many other
brilliant black voices totally ignored by today's so-called "mainstream
media".

          Powell is confused about who exactly is out of step in the
Republican Party. It's undeniably him! To General Powell, if you're
embarrassed by the Sarah Palins, Rush Limbaughs and rigid conservatives
of this world, do us the favor of jumping the fence to the other side and
STAY THERE! Don't destroy the only conservative party in American
politics by throwing your weight around recklessly. You don't fit, so
git!

7:34 PM - 0 Comments - 0 Kudos - Add Comment - Edit - Remove

"Where liberty dwells, there is my country."

-- Benjamin Franklin (letter to Benjamin Vaughn, 14 March 1783)