MLB All Star Trivia

Stephen A. Frye s.frye at VERIZON.NET
Sun Dec 20 01:00:58 MST 2009

At 06:42 AM 12/19/2009, you wrote:

>On Sat Dec 19 07:49:45 CST 2009, "Stephen A. Frye" wrote:
>
> > John,
>
> > All sarcasm aside - I am impressed by your baseball knowledge -
> and I indeed know you are NOT looking this stuff up so.....
>
> > What is the score of a forfeited game?
>
>I believe it's 9-0, right?

Yes -  run for each scheduled inning.

1995 at Dodger stadium (don't recall the opponent).  Dodgers were
down in the ninth.  Raul was called out on strikes (first out).  he
argues too much, and the ump tossed him.  Tommy came out.  Ump tossed
him.  Fans started throwing stuff at the filed.  The visiting manager
took his team off the field.  Once security got the crowd calmed
down, the teams came back out.  Fans started again.

Umps forfeited the game to the visitors.  And because the "offended
team" was already winning, the existing score stood.