Actions that can be taken against NObombA

William White wbbanjo at YAHOO.COM
Mon Feb 9 10:12:26 MST 2009

Why would folks wish to change the government they have if they believe they deserve it?

I have difficulty associating myself with the voters who elect a person like Pelosi.  There is a great cultural divide between them and those voters I think of as "we."     The unity we experienced after 9/11 was short lived.  Since then, in the words of Yeats:  "The best lack all conviction, while the worst are full of passionate intensity."   This polarization of the nation's inhabitants, which is becoming increasingly prominent, does not bode well.  I think neither your nor I deserve either Reid or Pelosi or any of their congressional supporters.  Like other malefic manifestations, they take time to identify and neutralize.  History tells us that the success of such political efforts, despite the application of talent and diligence, may be mixed, inconclusive, or nada.  On the other hand, sometime "we" prevail.

Bill

--- On Sun, 2/8/09, Dennis Putnam <dap1 at BELLSOUTH.NET> wrote:

From: Dennis Putnam <dap1 at BELLSOUTH.NET>
Subject: Re: Actions that can be taken against NObombA
To: RUSHTALK at CSDCO.COM
Date: Sunday, February 8, 2009, 5:23 PM

I was referring specifically to congress where the spending power lies. Obama has no real power with respect to this spendulous package. Pelosi and crew put together a payback bill to all the special interest groups that want to turn this country to the left. The GOP was helpless to stop it although I doubt they would have even if McCain was elected. They could have stopped it in the Senate except for the not entirely unexpected, 2 traitorous, liberal Republicans, Specter and Snowe. We the people elected this crew. We may not be directly to blame but as a country, we deserve what we elect.

William White wrote:

I am reluctant to "own" the Obama administration.  I am aware that as Americans we all sail in the same ship of state, but sometimes the crew has little control over a crazy, maniacal, or radical captain.   We do what we can within our sphere of influence, but sometimes we are overcome by the sheer momentum of events and the degree of knowledge and enlightenment possessed at a given time by our fellow Americans.

    These words come to mind:  If you can keep your head when all those around you are losing theirs and blaming it on you.

I may be wrong about this, but I am reluctant to assume a lot of blame for Obama's ascendancy.  That said, I will do what I can to forgive myself for our having arrived at this juncture of American history with a President who has been mentored by Marxist radicals, terrorists, and Black Liberation "theologians and seems to be committed to an agenda rooted in their world view.

Bill