Fwd: oil and alot of it

Carl Spitzer cwsiv_2nd at HOTPOP.COM
Mon Feb 9 12:36:40 MST 2009

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Sunday, January 11, 2009 7:22 PM

GOOGLE it or follow this link.  It will blow your mind.
http://www.usgs.gov/newsroom/article.asp?ID=1911

 The U.S. Geological Service issued a report in April ('08) that only
scientists and oilmen knew was coming, but man was it big. It was a
revised report (hadn't been updated since '95) on how much oil was in
this area of the western 2/3 of North Dakota; western South Dakota; and
extreme eastern Montana .... check THIS out:
The Bakken is the largest domestic oil discovery since Alaska's Prudhoe
Bay, and has the potential to eliminate all American dependence on
foreign oil. The Energy Information Administration (EIA) estimates it at
503 billion barrels. Even if just 10% of the oil is recoverable... at
$107 a barrel, we're looking at a resource base worth more than $5.3
trillion.

'When I first briefed legislators on this, you could practically see
their jaws hit the floor. They had no idea.' says Terry Johnson, the
Montana Legislature's financial analyst.

'This sizable find is now the highest-producing onshore oil field found
in the past 56 years,' reports The Pittsburgh Post Gazette. It's a
formation known as the Williston Basin, but is more commonly referred to
as the 'Bakken.' And it stretches from Northern Montana, through North
Dakota and into Canada.. For years, U.S.oil exploration has been
considered a dead end. Even the 'Big Oil' companies gave up searching
for major oil wells decades ago. However, a recent technological
breakthrough has opened up the Bakken's massive reserves.. and we now
have access of up to 500 billion barrels. And because this is light,
sweet oil, those billions of barrels will cost Americans just $16 PER
BARREL!

That's enough crude to fully fuel the American economy for 41 years
straight.

2. [And if THAT didn't throw you on the floor, then this next one should
- because it's from TWO YEARS AGO, people!]

U.S.Oil Discovery- Largest Reserve in the World!
Stansberry Report Online - 4/20/2006 Hidden 1,000 feet beneath the
surface of the Rocky Mountains lies the largest untapped oil reserve in
the world is more than 2 TRILLION barrels. On August 8, 2005 President
Bush mandated its extraction.

They reported this stunning news: We have more oil inside our borders,
than all the other proven reserves on earth. Here are the official
estimates:

   -8-times as much oil as Saudi Arabia
  -18-times as much oil a s Iraq
  -21-times as much oil as Kuwait
  -22-times as much oil as Iran
-500-times as much oil as Yemen- and it's all right here in the

Western United States.

HOW can this BE? HOW can we NOT BE extracting this!? Because the
democrats, environmentalists and left wing republicans have blocked all
efforts to help America become independent of foreign oil.

James Bartis, lead researcher with the study says we've got more oil in
this very compact area than the entire Middle East -more than 2 TRILLION
barrels. Untapped. That's more than all the proven oil reserves of crude
oil in the world today, reports The Denver Post.

----
Don't think 'OPEC' will drop its price - even with this find? Think
again! It's all about the competitive marketplace, - it has to.
----
[Got your attention/ire up yet?  Hope so!  Now, while you're thinking
about it ... and hopefully P.O'd, do this:

3. Pass this along..   If you don't take a little time to do this, then
you should stifle yourself the next time you want to complain about gas
prices .. because by doing NOTHING, you've forfeited your right to
complain.
--------

Now I just wonder what would happen in this country if every one of you
sent this to every one in your address book.