PEBO is angry...Boo hoo!

Ernie Lane ernielane at VERIZON.NET
Mon Feb 9 20:39:02 MST 2009

John A. Quayle wrote:
> At 04:30 PM 2/8/2009, Stephen A. Frye wrote:
>> I get a kick out of nancy Pelosi attacking the republicans saying that
>> "the bailout is what the American people want." last time I looked,
>> approval of the bailout had dropped to below 30%. Is she maybe seeing
>> figures somewhere?
>
> */         Nah, just another attempt to shuck 'n' jive. Shows you how
> stupid the Washington elites think we are. Well, I have news for Ms.
> Pelosi. More than 70% of _ALL_ Americans (yes, that includes her party,
> too) are downright angry over this obscenely massive spending bill.
> Obama campaigned on fiscal responsibility. If you recall, he and Hillary
> both excoriated Bush over the wasteful expense in Baghdad.

There is so much in this bill that repudiates what he ran on.  There's
the expense thing; this bill, in one fell swoop, will cost more than the
Iraq War has in toto.  He's against pork, but the bill is awash in it.
And the Democrats complained about President Bush's fearmongering for at
least the last year; but all the Democrat talk of "catastrophe,"
"Armageddon," and so forth make a mockery of this.