Bush's Legacy................

Carl Spitzer cwsiv_2nd at HOTPOP.COM
Wed Feb 11 19:59:59 MST 2009

On Sun, 2009-01-18 at 08:37 -0500, Ernie Lane wrote:

> Even civil liberties.  Whenever anyone brings up the "Bush has destroyed
> civil liberties" thing, I always challenge to name _one_ thing he used
> to be able to do, but can't now, because of this.  I _never_ get even
> one example.

First there is the refusal to profile Muslims rather making all people
suffer for the PC attitude which rules the day and allowed the attacks
to happen in the first place.
Fly without having to take off shoes,  Fly without giving up all rights
to personal dignity, when being searched women are fondled, guys too
when the FATASS at the airport is queer.  And forget about personal care
products because they will dump those out also.  Being required to have
National ID, aka standardized drivers licenses.  Children have their toy
guns stolen.  FATASS employees of the airport also sometimes steal
personal property such as laptops.  Increased intrusive data collection
on citizens who are neither criminal nor Muslim such as mandatory
fingerprinting for drivers licenses.

Lets not forget the civil rights of Ramos and Campeon.

Loss of liberty if you refuse to show ID to a government official,
Police, Sheriff or Federal JBT.

> Tax cuts, economic growth, and first and foremost, no more terrorist
> attacks.  Those will be the hallmarks, and achivements, of his Presidency.

Agreed.  What the left hates him most for is his most worthy deeds.

--
                  o o o o
         o      _____            |     CWSIV_2nd at HotPop.com    |