Confessions of a Democrat

John A. Quayle blueoval57 at VERIZON.NET
Mon Feb 16 00:43:40 MST 2009

Subject: Confessions of a Democrat

I recently cornered a friend of mine and asked him if he would explain his
rationale for voting totally Democrat in the November elections.

Following is the result:      Confessions of a Democrat

I voted Democrat because I love the fact that I can now marry whatever I
want. I've decided to marry my horse.

I voted Democrat because I believe oil companies' profits of 4% on a gallon
of gas are obscene but the government taxing the same gallon of gas at 15%
isn't.

I voted Democrat because I am too ignorant to know that besides its use in
automobiles, there are some 599 other thus far indispensible uses for oil,
including the making of the keyboard I use at my computer every day.

I voted Democrat because I believe the government will do a better job of
spending the money I earn than I would.

I voted Democrat because freedom of speech is fine as long as nobody but
Christians are offended by it.

I voted Democrat because when we pull out of Iraq I trust that the bad guys
will stop what they're doing because they now think we're good people.

I voted Democrat because I'm way too irresponsible to own a gun, and I know
that my local police are all I need to protect me from murderers and
thieves,(and from an increasingly dictatorial government.)

I voted Democrat because I believe that people who can't tell us if it will
rain on Friday can tell us that the polar ice caps will melt away in ten
years if I don't start driving a Prius.

I voted Democrat because I'm not concerned about the slaughter of millions
of babies so long as we keep all death row inmates alive.

I voted Democrat because I believe that business should not be allowed to
make profits for themselves. They need to break even and give the rest away
to the government for redistribution as THEY see fit.

I voted Democrat because I believe liberal judges need to rewrite The
Constitution every few days to suit kooks and perverts who would never get
their agendas past the voters.

A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own. A
liberal is also a person who thinks "growing up" is a terrible thing, to be
avoided at all costs.  [I guess this makes me a <gulp!!>
liberal.......wah-h-h-h-h-h-!!!!]