Local GOP Sentiment....

John A. Quayle blueoval57 at VERIZON.NET
Wed Feb 18 10:33:19 MST 2009

Friends,

This is worthy of reading and it's short. This was written by a friend who
is still a Republican and has been pretty conservative. Despite that, I
don't think that he really fully understood my anger at the GOP -- until
now. This is his epiphany.

I think I understand it all now  -------  every day, I wake up wondering
what other “good news” I’ll read about ------ budget/financial crisis,
census, anti-gun measures, etc. ------ and it finally hits me square in the
head this morning ------- all of the discouragement that I am feeling for
our country ------- and who do I blame?  Obama and his cronies?  This would
be too easy.  Nope ------- it’s my own party ------ it’s what I’ve been
telling people for the past couple of years, but the reality has now fully
hit. What are the Democrats doing right now?  EXACTLY what the Republicans
SHOULD HAVE done over 10 years ago.

We, as a party, were given a mandate by the people of America.  In short
order succession, we had the Executive and Congressional branches of
government.  But instead of ruling with the mandate, we squished around and
placated the middle.  America was not asking us to play in the
middle.  With the mandate, America expected us to rule.  We didn’t. We’re
in a mess. America sees the failure and votes for the ‘change’ (I am really
learning to dislike this word, for it’s been so badly misused by the
current Administration).  So what are the Democrats doing right now?  They
are ramming it down our throats, something we didn’t have the guts to do
ourselves.  There is only one slight (significant) difference between their
current situation and ours then ------- while we achieved majority status
in the Senate, and I don’t recall the exact numbers, I don’t know that we
ever got past 54 or 55.  They have 58 (I think) right now, with the
Minnesota situation still in the wings.  But they also can readily count on
the easy three (Specter, Snowe, Collins), as needed. Yes, it all makes
perfect sense right now.  And I will repeat the mantra that I’ve been
saying over the past couple of years ------- we deserve what we’re getting
------- we had the cake and failed to eat it

  Jim