Palin On The "Stimulus Package"............

John A. Quayle blueoval57 at VERIZON.NET
Thu Feb 19 00:36:22 MST 2009

Palin No Fan of Obama Stimulus Bill

Wednesday, February 18, 2009 1:49 PM

By: Dave Eberhart Article Font Size
[]

[]

It’s academic now that President Barack Obama has signed the stimulus bill
into law, but Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin was one of the last politicos to get
her licks in.

Palin, during an “On the Record with Greta Van Susteren,” interview voiced
her opposition to the Obama stimulus bill because Congress hadn’t had time
to fully digest it.

“I wish he would veto it and send it back until our lawmakers can read it
and know what’s in it. I think I speak for a lot of Alaskans who say also
understanding that the impacts on individual states that this stimulus
package has, they are unknown impacts,” Palin said. “So until our guy and
our gals in Congress can read it and understand what the impacts are, I
don’t want to see it signed.”

The former Republican candidate for vice-president added, “I would call for
a veto, absolutely, and let’s do this right, understanding that there is
going to be some kind of stimulus package. There is going to be some kind
of attempts for economic recovery. I say construction projects that put
people to work, that fits the bill, but these big huge expanded social
programs where we are adding people to the rolls, and then the economic
stimulus package dollars from the feds are going to dry up at some point.
States then are going to be beholden to these programs.

“We will have to pay for them. That’s not right, that’s not fair. We just
want to make sure that whatever is it is that is passed makes sense for the
states, for the residents of our individual states.”

© 2009 Newsmax. All rights reserved.