Another Of Chuck Norris' Views With Some Attitude............

John A. Quayle blueoval57 at VERIZON.NET
Thu Feb 19 23:22:16 MST 2009

[Chuck asks a very valid question here, "are we just going to keep on taking another one up the tailpipe"? - JAQ:]

[]

Chuck Norris
 Congress' Clueless Credit System
By Chuck Norris <http://paracom.paramountcommunication.com/ct/2836067:3591063198:m:1:88120924:136E9CED44E8A149D3C369DAECED3198>
comments

<http://paracom.paramountcommunication.com/ct/2836067:3591063198:m:1:88120924:136E9CED44E8A149D3C369DAECED3198>Share Your Comments

There they go again! The House and Senate have buried us in yet another bailout-stimulus heaping pile of fiscal dung -- a $789 billion loan that has been tacked onto our children's (and children's children's) already staggering $10-plus trillion deficit. Are you just going to sit there and take another one up the tailpipe?

Though President Obama emphatically declared that this 1100-page piece of legislation does not contain "a single pet project, not a single earmark," it's full of some type of financial fluff. Call it what you will, but few knew recessionary needs included $2 billion for battery companies, $2 billion for the National Parks Service, $2.3 billion for NASA and the National Science Foundation, $1.1 billion for airport improvements, $850 million for Amtrak, $800 million for federal prison construction, $300 million for additions to the federal fleet, $200 million for new Department of Agriculture buildings, $165 million for fish hatcheries, $100 million for the FBI, $100 million for shipyards, $50 million for an arts endowment, etc. (A detailed list of the stimulus package expenditures can be reviewed on the website of Patton Boggs legal firm at www.pattonboggs.com.)

Should I just shut up and be grateful that Republicans squashed the $200 million to re-sod the National Mall in Washington and purchase a new Coast Guard polar icebreaker? Sure tastes like the same ol' partisan and political punch to me. (Remember when, in 1988, President Reagan vetoed a bill because it had six earmarks in it?)

And what about you? The average hardworking American citizen? The middle-class blue-collar worker? You'll get a whopping $13 increase to your paycheck. Now there's change (as in coins) we can believe in. And we'll have to believe, because only faith and a miracle will turn that $13 increase into a catalyst to jump-start the economy. Is that the change you were hoping for?

<http://paracom.paramountcommunication.com/ct/2836067:3591063198:m:1:88120924:136E9CED44E8A149D3C369DAECED3198>Click here to continue reading Chuck Norris' column