Chris Matthews seems a tad dense

Carl Spitzer WinBlows at LAVABIT.COM
Sat Feb 21 11:37:31 MST 2009

On Tue, 2009-01-27 at 23:01 -0500, John A. Quayle wrote:

> At 05:21 PM 1/27/2009, Carl Spitzer wrote:
>
> > Other than a third party run how could you beat them?
>

>          Well, I'd have a little trouble with Philadelphia. Being so
> close to the Big Apple, they've gotten terribly liberal over the years
> and reckless, too! The city is in financial ruins. I don't think
> anywhere else will give me much of a problem. There WOULD be a little
> concern about raising enough of a warchest to sink ol' Mr. Magic
> Bullet Theory....................

Yes Money is the mothers milk of politics and you would need as much as
the NY lottery to bury old S.P.E.C.T.O.R. and I mean that in a James
Bond kind of way.

> > Spooky S.P.E.C.T.O.R. is an old favorite with a name recognition
> > that is impossible to beat unless he sinned greatly such as McCain
> > feingold or the UNPatriotic act. Then you must have reasons for
> > people to vote for you not just against them.
>

>          Reasons to vote for me would be the Constitution, as in I'm
> tied to the Constitution. The selling point is smaller government
> means a return of more freedoms, more transparency, less of a hardship
> on personal income (to pay taxes). Big government is corrupt by its
> very nature. We're watching it unfold now, Chicago-style! I'd be very
> Reagan-esque and would borrow much from Goldwater. Also, I'd sweet
> talk guys like Lynn Swann and Robin Cole into helping me campaign -
> they'd be invaluable to appeal to the African-American vote. Cole
> lives within 10 - 15 miles of me, is a very gentle and charming
> fellow.  He ran for County Commissioner about a decade ago. I worked
> for his campaign. He lost, but he used the wrong sell. Same with Lynn
> Swann. "Fast Eddie" Rendell whipped him easily in the gubernatorial
> race because Lynn ran a poor campaign. Oddly enough, Chris Matthews'
> brother was Swann's running mate.

Do people really want the freedom anymore or the goodies?  Then again
you could explain that ObombA is racist and the goodies are paid for
white people and transferred to his people.  It just depends upon how
many minority democrats would turn out to vote to keep stealing.

CWSIV