Chris Matthews seems a tad dense

John A. Quayle blueoval57 at VERIZON.NET
Sat Feb 21 22:54:42 MST 2009

At 01:37 PM 2/21/2009, Carl Spitzer wrote:
>On Tue, 2009-01-27 at 23:01 -0500, John A. Quayle wrote:
>>At 05:21 PM 1/27/2009, Carl Spitzer wrote:
>>>Other than a third party run how could you beat them?
>>
>>          Well, I'd have a little trouble with Philadelphia. Being so
>> close to the Big Apple, they've gotten terribly liberal over the years
>> and reckless, too! The city is in financial ruins. I don't think
>> anywhere else will give me much of a problem. There WOULD be a little
>> concern about raising enough of a warchest to sink ol' Mr. Magic Bullet
>> Theory....................
>Yes Money is the mothers milk of politics and you would need as much as
>the NY lottery to bury old S.P.E.C.T.O.R.

         Duly noted...............I am well aware!!!

>and I mean that in a James Bond kind of way.
>
>>>Spooky S.P.E.C.T.O.R. is an old favorite with a name recognition that is
>>>impossible to beat unless he sinned greatly such as McCain feingold or
>>>the UNPatriotic act. Then you must have reasons for people to vote for
>>>you not just against them.
>>
>>          Reasons to vote for me would be the Constitution, as in I'm
>> tied to the Constitution. The selling point is smaller government means
>> a return of more freedoms, more transparency, less of a hardship on
>> personal income (to pay taxes). Big government is corrupt by its very
>> nature. We're watching it unfold now, Chicago-style! I'd be very
>> Reagan-esque and would borrow much from Goldwater. Also, I'd sweet talk
>> guys like Lynn Swann and Robin Cole into helping me campaign - they'd be
>> invaluable to appeal to the African-American vote. Cole lives within 10
>> - 15 miles of me, is a very gentle and charming fellow.  He ran for
>> County Commissioner about a decade ago. I worked for his campaign. He
>> lost, but he used the wrong sell. Same with Lynn Swann. "Fast Eddie"
>> Rendell whipped him easily in the gubernatorial race because Lynn ran a
>> poor campaign. Oddly enough, Chris Matthews' brother was Swann's running mate.
>
>Do people really want the freedom anymore or the goodies?

         I want to believe they want the freedom, after all is said and
done. They are just too lazy to look at the big picture. So, it's all in
how you sell the idea.

>Then again you could explain that ObombA is racist and the goodies are
>paid for white people and transferred to his people.  It just depends upon
>how many minority democrats would turn out to vote to keep stealing.

         It's how you sell the notion in the first place.............

John Q.