ObombA is a damn fool

Carl Spitzer cwsiv_2nd at HOTPOP.COM
Mon Feb 23 10:48:57 MST 2009

February 5, 2009

http://www.jihadwatch.org/

Obama at National Prayer Breakfast: "There is no religion whose central
tenet is hate. There is no God who condones taking the life of an
innocent human being."

Obama%20reuters%20halo.jpg
Halo slightly tarnished already

At the National Prayer Breakfast this morning (full text of his remarks
here), Obama made a number of interesting and highly questionable
assertions:

        [...] But no matter what we choose to believe, let us remember
        that there is no religion whose central tenet is hate.

Arguably, that is true: there is no religion whose central tenet is
hate: there is no religion that teaches that the most important thing
one must do in this world is hate someone or something else. But
certainly the religion that comes closest to teaching such a thing is
Islam. If the Qur'an doesn't teach that Muslims should hate unbelievers,
certainly it teaches that they should be harsh with them, consider them
the worst of all created beings, not become friends with them, and,
ultimately, wage war against and kill or subjugate them:

"O ye who believe! Fight those of the disbelievers who are near to you,
and let them find harshness in you, and know that Allah is with those
who keep their duty (unto Him)." -- Qur'an 9:123

"Those who reject (Truth), among the People of the Book and among the
Polytheists, will be in Hell-Fire, to dwell therein (for aye). They are
the worst of creatures." -- Qur'an 98:6

"Let not the believers take disbelievers for their friends in preference
to believers. Whoso doeth that hath no connection with Allah unless (it
be) that ye but guard yourselves against them, taking (as it were)
security...." -- Qur'an 3:28

"O ye who believe! Take not the Jews and the Christians for friends.
They are friends one to another. He among you who taketh them for
friends is (one) of them. Lo! Allah guideth not wrongdoing folk." --
Qur'an 5:51

"Then, when the sacred months have passed, slay the idolaters wherever
ye find them, and take them (captive), and besiege them, and prepare for
them each ambush. But if they repent and establish worship and pay the
poor-due, then leave their way free. Lo! Allah is Forgiving, Merciful."
-- Qur'an 9:5. "If they repent and establish worship and pay the
poor-due" essentially means, "If they convert to Islam..."

"Fight those who believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, nor hold that
forbidden which hath been forbidden by Allah and His Messenger, nor
acknowledge the religion of Truth, (even if they are) of the People of
the Book, until they pay the Jizya with willing submission, and feel
themselves subdued." -- Qur'an 9:29

Obama continues:

        There is no God who condones taking the life of an innocent
        human being. This much we know.

True, but how does one define "innocent"? Jihadists believe that no
non-Muslim can be innocent, simply because he is a non-Muslim. Muslim
leaders in the West have insisted for years that no non-Muslim can be
innocent, and no one has had the wit or courage to ask any of them to
define what they mean by "innocent."

        We know too that whatever our differences, there is one law that
        binds all great religions together. Jesus told us to “love thy
        neighbor as thyself.” The Torah commands, “That which is hateful
        to you, do not do to your fellow.” In Islam, there is a hadith
        that reads “None of you truly believes until he wishes for his
        brother what he wishes for himself.”...

Jihad Watch reader George expertly addressed that one in an email he
sent me this morning:

        I am not a Biblical or Islamic scholar, but I have read many of
        your books and regularly read and comment on JihadWatch
        articles, so I think I have learned at least a little about
        Islam and the concept of Taqiyya. As you know, this particular
        Hadith does not have the universalism of the Golden Rule because
        Islamic jurisprudence believes it only applies to Muslim on
        Muslim relations. There are other Hadith which clarify the
        limitation of reciprocity to relations between Muslim brothers:

        Bukhari 9,85,83: Allah's Apostle said, "A Muslim is a brother of
        another Muslim. So he should neither oppress him nor hand him
        over to an oppressor. And whoever fulfilled the needs of his
        brother, Allah will fulfill his needs."
        Bukhari 8,73,70: Allah's Apostle said, "Abusing a Muslim is
        Fusuq (i.e., an evil-doing), and killing him is Kufr
        (disbelief)."

        Finally, the Qur’an itself makes it clear that brotherhood
        applies only towards other Muslims (48:29): "Muhammad is the
        messenger of Allah; and those who are with him are strong
        against Unbelievers, (but) compassionate amongst each other."

        Although the President finished his speech with, “I am not
        naïve,” I would respectfully have to disagree. The ayatollahs
        and Islamic clerics must be licking their chops with
        anticipation of the next four years.