From A Local Patriot

John A. Quayle blueoval57 at VERIZON.NET
Tue Feb 24 00:46:25 MST 2009

Dear friends,

While looking at the news I saw a protest of the near 800 billion stimulus
(spending) bill which in just two years will be over a trillion with
interest. and lets not forget the bank and auto bail outs that add nearly
another trillion to our deficient, and debt. Yes folks we are seeing the
bankruptcy of America, and while the story goes that some entities are too
big to fail, America will fail or resort to what other economic failing
countries with a large military throughout history have done and that
equals war.

At this protest people carried signs to get their point across. One said
Obama I need a beech front condo, another only asked Obama for a 56 inch
pasma TV.  One sign asked Obama for a new Lexis car because the one he had
ran out of gas. of too many to recount the one I liked the best read
"Please Obama, I need a House" but then that was scratched out and below it
was I need a new car which also was scratched out. Below that said "a new
president with fiscal responsibility.

As I read this a new song came to mind and I present that here, a a tip of
the hat to the late Janis Joplin.

Obama, won't you buy me a Mercedes Benz?
My friends all drive Porsches, I must make amends.
Worked hard all my lifetime, no help from my friends,
So Obama, won't you buy me a Mercedes Benz?

Obama, won't you buy me a color TV?
Dialing For Dollars is trying to find me.
I wait for delivery each day until three,
So Obama won't you buy me a color TV?

Obama, won't you buy me a night on the town?
I'm counting on you, Obama, please don't let me down.
Prove that you love me and buy the next round,
Obama, won't you buy me a night on the town?

Everybody!
Obama, won't you buy me a Mercedes Benz?
My friends all drive Porsches, I must make amends,
Worked hard all my lifetime, no help from my friends,
So Obama, won't you buy me a Mercedes Benz?

That's it!  hehehehe

For those of you that don't know the original song, (you youngin's,)  "Oh
lord" was substituted with "Obama."

Doug Smith