While on the Subject: A Personal Look at Racial Preferences

John A. Quayle blueoval57 at VERIZON.NET
Tue Feb 24 19:17:12 MST 2009

<http://www.gopusa.com/theloft/?p=978>While on the Subject: A Personal Look
at Racial Preferences

[]

In the previous administration, America had two black secretaries of state.
In this administration, we have a black president and a black attorney
general. Yet, when these officials talk about race, rather than uniting the
country, they seek to look backward. Our esteemed attorney general even
called us a nation of cowards? Is he for real?

Despite President Obama's assertions that he's "moved beyond race," he was
quick to throw in reminders in his campaign of his racial background... or
at least half of it. These comments and the fact that race has been in the
news lately reminded me of the fact that I'm as much of a "minority" as our
fine president is. I'm also just as "white" as he is. But rather than
embracing a particular ethnic "identity" and using it to score points, what
I'm most proud of is being an American.

<http://www.gopusa.com/theloft/?p=978>++ Read More