Notable AGW Quotes

Carl Spitzer cwsiv_2nd at HOTPOP.COM
Wed Feb 25 17:51:48 MST 2009

-------- Forwarded Message --------
From: Lew Wolfgang <wolfgang
Hi Folks,

As Britain shivers under a foot of snow in places and is experiencing
what may be the coldest winter in 30-years, political scientists are
still saying that this is perfectly consistent with man-made global
warming.   Read more here:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/topics/weather/4436934/Snow-is-consistent-with-global-warming-say-scientists.html

But what is the real agenda here?  The data contradict the Al Gore
alarmist hankie-wringing, so what are these people really thinking?
I found a web site that has a collection of quotes (with references)
from the man-made global warming Illuminati.  It is as I suspected for
a couple of years now: AGW is nothing more than a red-herring designed
to get societies in line with certain political goals.

Here's the site with the quotes, with a few samples below.  I like
the one from the former Canadian Minister of the Environment.

  http://www.green-agenda.com/

"The common enemy of humanity is man.
In searching for a new enemy to unite us, we came up
with the idea that pollution, the threat of global warming,
water shortages, famine and the like would fit the bill. All these
dangers are caused by human intervention, and it is only through
changed attitudes and behavior that they can be overcome.
The real enemy then, is humanity itself."

- Club of Rome,
premier environmental think-tank consultants to the United Nations

"We need to get some broad based support,
to capture the public's imagination...
So we have to offer up scary scenarios,
make simplified, dramatic statements
and make little mention of any doubts...
Each of us has to decide what the right balance
is between being effective and being honest."

- Stephen Schneider, Stanford Professor of Climatology,
  lead author of many IPCC reports

"Unless we announce disasters no one will listen."

- Sir John Houghton, first chairman of IPCC

"No matter if the science of global warming is all phony...
climate change provides the greatest opportunity to
bring about justice and equality in the world."

- Christine Stewart, fmr Canadian Minister of the Environment

I know, many of you "True Believers" will dismiss all this as
the crazed rantings of Bush Lovers, but at least try to realize
that there is a healthy skeptical community out there that has
data and logic to back them up.  What do the AGW Believers have
to back themselves up with these days?  Not much...

Regards,
Lew