It's Tax Time

John A. Quayle blueoval57 at VERIZON.NET
Fri Feb 27 13:17:30 MST 2009

Actual 'Letter to the Editor' from the February 5th edition of the Wichita
Falls, Texas Times Record News, which was quite funny.

Dear IRS,

I am sorry to inform you that I will not be able to pay taxes owed April
15, but all is not lost.

I have paid these taxes: accounts receivable tax, building permit tax, CDL
tax, cigarette tax, corporate income tax, dog licence tax, federal income
tax, unemployment tax, gasoline tax, hunting licence tax, fishing licence
tax, waterfowl stamp tax, inheritance tax, inventory tax, liquor tax,
luxury tax, medicare tax, city, school and county property tax (up 33
percent last 4 years), real estate tax, social security tax, road usage
tax, toll road tax, state and city sales tax, recreational vehicle tax,
state franchise
tax, state unemployment tax, telephone federal excise tax, telephone
federal state and local surcharge tax, telephone minimum usage surcharge
tax, telephone state and local tax, utility tax, vehicle licence
registration tax, capitol gains tax, lease severance tax, oil and gas
assessment tax, Colorado property tax, Texas, Colorado, Wyoming, Oklahoma
and New Mexico sales tax, and many more that I can't recall but I have run
out of space and money.

When you do not receive my check April 15, just know that it is an honest
mistake. Please treat me the same way you treated Congressmen Charles
Rangle, Chris Dodd, Barney Frank and ex-Congressman Tom Dashelle and, of
course, your boss Timothy Geithner. No penalties and no interest.

P.S. I will make at least a partial payment as soon as I get my stimulus check.

Ed Barnett

Wichita