Our President, the Apologist

JD northgate76 at GMAIL.COM
Mon Jun 15 07:00:18 MDT 2009

On Sat, Jun 6, 2009 at 9:46 AM, <tom.matiska at att.net> wrote:

>  My take on Obama's first day in office was that we were beginning the
> rapid rehabilitation of George Bush.   I had no doubt we would soon think of
> the W years as the good old days.     ......I never dreamed Obama would be
> bad enough that even Jimmy Carter's foreign policy would compare favorably.
>

> Tom

I wouldn't start fitting Dubya for a halo just yet.  Don't forget that the
first round of bailouts were granted by his administration.  I look at
Obama's economics as a continuation and enhancement of  Bush's much the same
way as Nixon continued and enhanced JBJ's Vietnam policy.  Nixon ultimately
vindicated himself on that issue.  Obama will not, but I agree that he makes
Carter look good..

JD