Oh, To Be So Loved................

John A. Quayle blueoval57 at VERIZON.NET
Thu Jun 25 12:31:02 MDT 2009

[Tell you what.......this kind of idiocy has reached critical mass with me.
I think it's high <bleeping> time Republicans start countering this stuff
with potshots at Harry Reid, Nancy Pelosi, Christopher Dodd, and Ted
Kennedy - among others. I'm REALLY sick and tired of seeing the
conservatives stand there and take it, time after time, after time. Maybe
it's a good thing that Kerry married the widow of Senator John Heinz. Kerry
needs a truckload of ketchup to make his foot palatable each time he stuffs
it into his cavernous pie hole............-JAQ:]

Inside Cover

Sen. John Kerry Wishes Sarah Palin Had Gone Missing

Thursday, June 25, 2009 8:09 AM

By: Kenneth D. Williams

Sen. John Kerry added to his long list of lame joke attempts yesterday when
he wished South Carolina Gov. Mark Sanford's disappearance on Alaska Gov.
Sarah Palin.

Speaking to some business and civic leaders he had invited to Washington,
Kerry quipped: "Too bad if a governor had to go missing it couldn't have
been the governor of Alaska. You know, Sarah Palin."

The partisan crowd chuckled, but there's nothing funny about Kerry's
criticisms of the Alaska governor.

Here's John Kerry on Sarah Palin during the 2008 presidential campaign:
<http://www.newsmax.com/insidecover/kerry_palin_missing/2009/06/25/229028.html?s=al&promo_code=8229-1>

Kerry has a history of making impolitic jokes. Slate magazine recalls two
of Kerry's worst:

"Somebody told me the other day that the Secret Service has orders that if
George Bush is shot, they're to shoot Quayle . . . There isn't any press
here, is there?" (Associated Press, Nov. 16, 1988).

"What we need now is not just a regime change in Saddam Hussein and Iraq,
but we need a regime change in the United States" (Boston Globe, April 3,
2003).

And don't forget 2006. At a campaign appearance in California for
Democratic gubernatorial nominee Phil Angelides, Kerry made the famously
awful remark: "You know, education; if you make the most of it, you study
hard, you do your homework and you make an effort to be smart, you can do
well. If you don't, you get stuck in Iraq."

Meanwhile, Palin wasn't exactly sitting in Washington, D.C., chatting up
businessmen. She was busy doing something very unfamiliar to Kerry: She was
on her way to an undisclosed "overseas" location to visit deployed Alaska
National Guard troops and offer thanks and support. As she wrote on her
Twitter page yesterday: "Travel now to bring appreciation from their Alaska
family & Natl Guard leadership to heroes in US European Command's area of
responsibility."

© 2009 Newsmax. All rights reserved.